Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure cards in PvP, getting way to out of hand

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
In Pvp, about an hour ago, I was battling these people. One used treasure cards all the time, and the most used one, was, of course, The Dreaded Wild Bolt! It gets really annoying, so if you could please just take away Wild Bolt from the game, it would makes things a lot easier. Thanks!

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Taking away Wild Bolt would really hurt the Storm wizards. This is one of their biggest attacks.

Were they Storm? If they weren't they were using treasure cards.

I, too have been abused by treasure cards. The person against me used a Triton, nearly killed me, but that same round I killed him. I think treasure cards should be limited to one per deck if they are attacks and unlimited if they are sheilds.

Pleas DON'T remove Wild Bolt from the game, but please limit treasure cards in PVP.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
firedestroyer113 wrote:
In Pvp, about an hour ago, I was battling these people. One used treasure cards all the time, and the most used one, was, of course, The Dreaded Wild Bolt! It gets really annoying, so if you could please just take away Wild Bolt from the game, it would makes things a lot easier. Thanks!

It would be easier to just ban treasure cards from ranked Pvp.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
i agree i saw a level 7 vs level 27 and the level 7 won by using treasure cards that do a lot of damage i think though that removing them will solve nothing i have saved my life from treasure cards in pvp 8)

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Treasure cards are extremely necessary against a school that has efficient counters against your chosen school. The strategy is to have treasure cards available to lessen the unbalance...else, you become unable to build the appropriate defense/offense.

Playing all the different schools- will give you an idea how outrageous it would be to remove treasure cards...some schools simply have an "edge" over other schools.

Wild bolt may be annoying in large team matches- but during single matches it seems to lose that game breaking effectiveness...unless, the opponent is outclassed as it stands.

They are changing the "enhanced" treasure cards trade- to that of the crafted....so there is the end to your problem.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Rho170 wrote:
Taking away Wild Bolt would really hurt the Storm wizards. This is one of their biggest attacks.

Were they Storm? If they weren't they were using treasure cards.

I, too have been abused by treasure cards. The person against me used a Triton, nearly killed me, but that same round I killed him. I think treasure cards should be limited to one per deck if they are attacks and unlimited if they are sheilds.

Pleas DON'T remove Wild Bolt from the game, but please limit treasure cards in PVP.
Yes they were not storm, and that is a very great idea!

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
i think treasure cards are fair and that it should not get limited just because some people do not know how to shield from them

WILD BOLT:
its not such a harm

i have multiple grandmasters and commanders and warlords so it doesnt do as much as it should and just use a storm shield

JUDGEMENT:
its not a harm either

just have a good resist and use tower shields and weakness to decrease its power

some of my friends have been complaining about rebirth treasure and how life should have a dispel or a limit on how much heals they can do a match

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
i think treasure cards are fair and that it should not get limited just because some people do not know how to shield from them

WILD BOLT:
its not such a harm

i have multiple grandmasters and commanders and warlords so it doesnt do as much as it should and just use a storm shield

JUDGEMENT:
its not a harm either

just have a good resist and use tower shields and weakness to decrease its power

some of my friends have been complaining about rebirth treasure and how life should have a dispel or a limit on how much heals they can do a match

I am a grandmaster storm. And I can get my acc up to about 13% and then I do have some treasure cards of wild bolt that made. Made with both keen eyes and sniper. Even with the 30% and the 13% added together it still fails most of the time. I can survive being hit by a wild bolt, even unshielded.

And I dont think life should have a dispeal or a number of how many times they can heal. That is their JOB!

People now adays dont want to be challeneged. They just want to go in and get a quick kill and get mad when they have to work for it.

I like going against tough groups, win or lose. I dont like going up against groups where its to easy to beat them.

If you are doing PVP and you don't want or cant stay to do a long PVP match or are notprepared for a long match than dont PVP. Thats what I say.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Please DO NOT ban Treasure Cards from PvP!!!! Keen Eyes is the most useful, least expensive Treasure Card available, so you folks griping about TC in PvP go to Bazaar, pick up some Keen Eyes and watch your Rank rise and RISE!! You may never FIZZ again!!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
ShockerTheMenace wrote:

WILD BOLT:
its not such a harm

JUDGEMENT:
its not a harm either

wild bolt is a big threat in pvp now. if you put on a storm shield, they just kick it off with a wand attack. then here come the bolts because this has happened in my latest pvp battles; they think it makes an easy win.

to solve the wild bolt problem i think the best solution would be to take away trading treasure cards. this way non-storm wizards won't have wildbolt anymore & storm wizards will still have them. it's better than taking away using treasure cards in the arena, because then you can use the treasure cards you bought/earned.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Don't ban treasure cards in PvP, but also when you use a treasure card in PvP it would be nice not to lose it.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
ShockerTheMenace wrote:

WILD BOLT:
its not such a harm

JUDGEMENT:
its not a harm either

Well what if we DON'T have any of those shields? I have a MYTH Death Wizard and he doesn't have any Storm OR Tower Shields.

There is a dispel called Infection that cuts the heal in half.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
firedestroyer113 wrote:

First of all like it has already been mentioned it hurt the storm wizards to remove it.

It is your fault that Storm Shields and accuracy decreasers were not used. If the person uses treasure cards it is his/her choice. There is no reason for banning they spent time and money obviously to get these Wild Bolts. So instead of complaining or whining change your strategy. I am not trying to be mean just trying to show how "radical" your ideas seem. :(