Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar Pricing Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
The patch notes announcing the introduction of the Bazaar stated that what the Bazaar would pay for items would depend on how many it already had in stock, but would never go below what other merchants would pay for the item.

This is simply not the case--the robe merchant in the shopping district will regularly pay considerably more for items than the Bazaar--often up to 25 times more, paying 50+ gold for things the Bazaar will pay 1-2 gold for.

Its so bad I don't even bother comparing prices any more--I sell everything to normal merchants rather than the Bazaar, and now realize the reason I was so broke for a number of levels was because I assumed the Bazaar paid at least even prices with other merchants, as the patch noes had claimed.

Many players may not be aware of this, however. Really, it needs to be fixed so the Bazaar pays no less than a normal merchant would, or the original patch notes need to be amended to let people know the Bazaar may well pay much less than other merchants for items.

Developer
We have found the problem and are working on a solution. You will be guaranteed the same or better price from the bazaar as intended. Thanks to you and others for the feedback. :)

Developer
If you happen to find a regular shop offering more than 1 gold more than the bazaar and the item is not a hat, robe, boots, or pet please let us know. Thanks for the help! :)

Defender
May 15, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:
We have found the problem and are working on a solution.

Oh no! They found my taking fractions of a gold scheme!
See..it's not stealing...'cos its only fractions...no-one will miss it!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Cat tails ore and deep mushrooms sell for less at the bazaar then the regent vendors they pay three gold while the bazaar only pays one.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
Firefly555 wrote:
Cat tails ore and deep mushrooms sell for less at the bazaar then the regent vendors they pay three gold while the bazaar only pays one.

that too is incorrect, the vendor SAYS he is paying 3 gold , watch your bank they only pay 2 gold
I have previously posted this but never bug reported it as most my toons were at cap till they raised the cap

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Now the Crown to Gold exchange rates NEED to be balanced out.
800C for 1000G !!! what a IMO; Rip Off!

IMO;
Crafting Treasure Cards NEEDS to change, I does not make any sense
at all that one of the regiments of making a Treasure Card REQUIRES
a Treasure Card! It defeats the whole purpose of making them in the first place. I think Crafting should be to enhance what you already have.
With a 1 to 3% fail rate (just like fizzle rates are) you can try to enhance
any of the current stats that the Item has, up to 3 point plus. Fail the
enhancment your item will go down that many points you tried to enhance,
so what started out as a +8 (tried to enhance it 1 point) Now is a +7.
could even throw in a small amount of gold because gold is magical and what
alcomest(spelling) strided for in the days of old. Gold as a regiment.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Firefly555 wrote:

And actually when the reagent vendor said "3" it only added 2 gold to me when I sold an ore!

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Does the pricing guarantee also mean that the Bazaar will sell things cheaper than other vendors?

While reagents at the Bazaar can be cheaper than the vendors, for items in short supply, Elik can charge 50% more for simple vials and glass vials. This is even after the recent patch that hoped to fix all of the problems.

Also, buying and selling reagents one by one is a drag. If there were a "buy 5 for <price>" or "Sell 5 for <price>" (or even to buy 10) it would be possible to build or unload your supplies fairly quickly.