Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

marleybone needs sidewalks!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 28, 2009
hi, destiny here. i was wondering: why is MB the only place without sidewalks? WC, DS, krok, and even mooshu have sidewalks, but in marleybone you have to deftly dodge rats cats and gearheads while making your way to a boss fight! WHY? you could at least put a bunch of wooden planks on the side!

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I KNOW! It's impossible to get through katzenstein because of all the running enimies! I am so close to Mooshu and dang katzenstein is totally in the way of me getting to it!

Scarlet Moonblade
Level 30 Magus Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah I felt the same way when I first started to travel the rooftops of Marleybone, but then I realized that running in the middle of the roof is almost like running on sidewalks in the other worlds.

If you run in the middle, then the only circumstance that you have to watch out for is when the NPCs turn around, because they walk through the middle for a brief time.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I agree 100% I just got to Marleybone and it's a real cool place I think sidewalks would be a big help. Or at least those planks be used as the sidewalks.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Hey, I'm Christina Sunblossom, did you notice how they go around? They don't go in the middle, unless it's a dead end for them, and your right in some way, they need to show sidewalks, at least like your idea. I have no trouble dodging them if I go in the middle.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
im not in marleybone yet, but i don't want to go because my riend took me to do katzenstein with him... man oh man do you have any idea how annoying those clockwerk things are??? They run so fast!!! they even run faster than players.... how is that possible?!

MB needs sidewalkes or planks. i don't know, anything that doesn't attract enemies. its funny, i hated krokotopia, but now im making the best of it because i can actually get through.

although don't always trust sidewalks. for example, the sidewalks in sunken city don't work.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
I agree all the way! I'm almost done with MB, and I only have the Counterweights and Big Ben left.. But if you're on Katz, then congrats! You're almost done with MB.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I just got out of Krokotopia, and having no sidewalks is i big problem for me.
I'm defeated by the NPCs half the time! It gets really annoying pretty fast.
even when i walk in the middle, and I try to go fight something, I engage in a duel with something totally different! Grizzleheim has these problems too...

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Otys wrote:
im not in marleybone yet, but i don't want to go because my riend took me to do katzenstein with him... man oh man do you have any idea how annoying those clockwerk things are??? They run so fast!!! they even run faster than players.... how is that possible?!

MB needs sidewalkes or planks. i don't know, anything that doesn't attract enemies. its funny, i hated krokotopia, but now im making the best of it because i can actually get through.

although don't always trust sidewalks. for example, the sidewalks in sunken city don't work.

Yeah that's annoying. I went to Chelsea Court to search the Clockwork Tower and I saw the Clockworks running. I decided to run when they were on the opposite side of where I am. So I ran and they caught me in battle.

Defender
May 29, 2009
there are no sidewalks in marleybone because it happens on rooftops. When's the last time you saw sidewalks on roofs? Just learn how to navigate around the monsters. Take your time, watch their movement patterns. Will you get sucked into unwanted battles sometimes? Yes, that's part of the game.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
carterma wrote:
there are no sidewalks in marleybone because it happens on rooftops. When's the last time you saw sidewalks on roofs? Just learn how to navigate around the monsters. Take your time, watch their movement patterns. Will you get sucked into unwanted battles sometimes? Yes, that's part of the game.
I agree. You never see sidewalks on rooftops. I get stuck in battle with cats and mouses sometimes, so get used to it.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I remember I hated Marleyborne. I still do, but I think it is part of the game so you learn how to cross the road safely in other worlds. For example, it takes long time to just stay on one side of the road to go all the way around. So it is good experience to sneak. For Marleyborne I think running behind the enemy going in the same direction as they are without bumping into them is best. Sometimes I go in the middle and I get caught anyway.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009

I am consistently getting stuck in a repetition of pointless battles over and over again in Marleybone. I am getting out of here as soon as I can, the lack of sidewalks on this level has almost led me to cancel my account and leave the game.

This is an excellent example of bad coding, for an hour I was stuck fighting the Feline Scatchers for no quest or reward. An hour and a half to go 20 feet in the game to a tower to enter a dungeon to start the quest.

Whoever designed this level should go through the game at least once to encounter these errors and experience the frustration that is part of Marleybone.

For now i am only to Sherlock Bones to get to Mooshu which I hope is better.

Defender
May 29, 2009

Please, this is not bad coding. This is exactly what they intended. One of the primary challenges in Marleybone is learning how to navigate. It is very frustrating at first, but if you take the time, you will adapt to it and it will help you in future worlds (I'm thinking cave of solitude in mooshu). Don't let it frustrate you -- look at it as a learning experience because there is a skill to be learned now. Now, i can run through Marleybone with ease and only get into the fights I want to get in -- even with those dang lightning fast, diagonal running, start/stop clockwork golems. And you will too.

Rapsca11ion wrote:

I am consistently getting stuck in a repetition of pointless battles over and over again in Marleybone. I am getting out of here as soon as I can, the lack of sidewalks on this level has almost led me to cancel my account and leave the game.

This is an excellent example of bad coding, for an hour I was stuck fighting the Feline Scatchers for no quest or reward. An hour and a half to go 20 feet in the game to a tower to enter a dungeon to start the quest.

Whoever designed this level should go through the game at least once to encounter these errors and experience the frustration that is part of Marleybone.

For now i am only to Sherlock Bones to get to Mooshu which I hope is better.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
<blockquote>
<div>
<cite>carterma wrote:</cite>
Please, this is not bad coding. This is exactly what they intended. One of the primary challenges in Marleybone is learning how to navigate. It is very frustrating at first, but if you take the time, you will adapt to it and it will help you in future worlds (I'm thinking cave of solitude in mooshu). Don't let it frustrate you -- look at it as a learning experience because there is a skill to be learned now. Now, i can run through Marleybone with ease and only get into the fights I want to get in -- even with those dang lightning fast, diagonal running, start/stop clockwork golems. And you will too.

Oh but it is when there is no lag between battles and I am unable to progress further in the level as the Clockwork Golems are fast enough to overlap each other, leaving the player stuck in place like jogging on a treadmill. You must have forgotten the experience. I can already move the area with ease but when the Golems overlap the battle I am stuck and no amount of fancy footwork or deft moves will change this.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
i agree with caterma im only at the prison but its frustrating i know but i flee just to get out of it play a minigame then try to be more crafty and sneaky next time but alot of people are right when i beat a clockwork battle 2 seconds later another battle happened also heres a tip be thankful if you see a current battle you will pass that rooftop with ease so stay there and try to plan your route :D

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Think of it this way:

IN REAL LIFE:

To prevent falling off a roof, you would go through the middle.

To prevent being ran over by a car, you'd stay on the sidewalks.

Same in W101.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
I agree too.Marleybone should have sidewalks.
We are tired of walking in the middle.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
neilc81 wrote:
Yeah I felt the same way when I first started to travel the rooftops of Marleybone, but then I realized that running in the middle of the roof is almost like running on sidewalks in the other worlds.

If you run in the middle, then the only circumstance that you have to watch out for is when the NPCs turn around, because they walk through the middle for a brief time.

The same exact thing that I do. Running threw the middle makes it WAY easier to navigate threw places in Marleybone. Just watch out for when they turn around because that's when they get you.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Eh, I beat Marleybone in three days.
You just have to learn to get around the enemys.
THe only area I had a problem with was Katzenstein's Lab, but even that only took me an hour or two.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I have been so mad in marleybone because its so hard to move around to get to places and people with all those monsters running around and you have to avoid them the entire time. I'm close to the end of marleybone because i have been rushing just so i can get to a place with sidewalks! For me sometimes i would be right in front of a boss area then a monster shows up so i get put in battle. One time i was in front of a boss then monsters showed up and killed me. I was so mad and it took a long time to get that far. I say that the staff and modifiers of the game should at leats put a wooden boards so you can stop to check and make sure your going the correct way to get to where you need to go.So mb should get sidewalks and so you can get through areas easier.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Marleybone got easy for me after hyde park. Just be more careful and sneaky when your going through. I have to wizards and fromt the other one i became very easy at getting through. Even try this go through an area in marleybone a few times during free time if your no doing anything. Practicing to gothrough makes it easier when you actually are trying to get a quest done. I went through hide park and chelsea court a bunch of times and now i get through all the areas no problem. And even after a while of not getting into unexpected battles remember if you do happen to get pulled in battle remember that it will happen sometimes. So always be prepared for a battle. :)

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I used to think that but now i can avoid them and im almost done with marleybone just the counterweights and big ben 2 go 8)