Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No more Message Boards for Pirate101???

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
For those not in the know, apparently Pirate101's official Message Boards have just been shut down. The posting thread is completely gone, and viewers on the official site are now directed to Discord instead.

This is quite sad for me, as I had a history on those boards and liked the interaction that I got out of it.

I need a few questions about this occurrence that I would appreciate if KI answered:
  • Will there be an option to view old posts on the Pirate101 Forums?
  • What will happen to Hawkules, Community Manager for Pirate101?
  • How will those of us who don't have or want Discord communicate about all things Pirate101?
  • Will we ever get that ship emoji anywhere???

Survivor
Mar 18, 2022
Lookit Light on Jan 5, 2023 wrote:
For those not in the know, apparently Pirate101's official Message Boards have just been shut down. The posting thread is completely gone, and viewers on the official site are now directed to Discord instead.

This is quite sad for me, as I had a history on those boards and liked the interaction that I got out of it.

I need a few questions about this occurrence that I would appreciate if KI answered:
  • Will there be an option to view old posts on the Pirate101 Forums?
  • What will happen to Hawkules, Community Manager for Pirate101?
  • How will those of us who don't have or want Discord communicate about all things Pirate101?
  • Will we ever get that ship emoji anywhere???
You were the person I knew would be impacted most. Thank you for being a legend of the fourms, Lookit.

1. The P101 forums will stay where they are. If you or your browser know the link, you can get there. We won't be approving any new posts, but we also are not deleting anything.

2. I'm still around! There is a fair bit more to my job than the forums.

3. The only official option is Discord. Give it a try! It's a wonderful platform and very easy to use. If/when you do, use discord.gg/pirate101 to join the server.

4. Only time will tell...

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
That indeed is sad news. I think it's more that they would rather focus and moderate a discord and they felt like that the forums were not getting that much traffic anymore.

Hawkules is a very "Gen Z" oriented person (as I say that in my old person voice) and social media has a much larger presence for people that it did even 10+ years ago when Pirate started, so I honestly see this as transitioning to what they feel is a better use of their resources.

I don't think it means anything in-terms of Pirate101 itself going away or anything like that too soon though.
Yes, you can view the forums, but they are in "read only" mode right now.
Wizard101 is the only reason that I have a Twitter. For the longest time, I didn't want a Twitter or other social media sites. However they kept posting all of their news and promotions there so ultimately I felt like that I had to buck up and get one.
Discord isn't that bad and does have it's place. It's actually a great way to get to meet new people and share ideas about the games you love (I'm part of a number of discord servers for a variety of games: Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Pirate101, Hogwarts Legacy, PotionCraft, Beastmoon, but there's a huge variety of options).

The niche that I feel like the forums serve for both games is longer formed posts and I hope that option stays open at least for Wizard if Pirate is no longer able to support it.

Farewell, Pirate Forums. My condolences to those who sailed them frequently.