Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can not use spells from my own school with Archmastery update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I can not use Blizzard or Rain deer knight on my level 49 Ice wizard, I had 5 Power pips but the spells were still not playable, my Archmastery rating is 0%, at level 49.
Is this a bug or working as intended?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Wolff Storm Walker on Nov 30, 2022 wrote:
I can not use Blizzard or Rain deer knight on my level 49 Ice wizard, I had 5 Power pips but the spells were still not playable, my Archmastery rating is 0%, at level 49.
Is this a bug or working as intended?
It's "working as intended" but perhaps not as desired by players. You get base archmastery starting at level 50. If you are below that level then you can use an Archmastery Jewel from the Wizard City Jewel Vendor to generate School pips. You then should be able to use Reindeer Knight as before.

It's a tear shaped jewel and costs gold.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
exp613 on Dec 1, 2022 wrote:
It's "working as intended" but perhaps not as desired by players. You get base archmastery starting at level 50. If you are below that level then you can use an Archmastery Jewel from the Wizard City Jewel Vendor to generate School pips. You then should be able to use Reindeer Knight as before.

It's a tear shaped jewel and costs gold.
Exactly! There is a new jewel sold by Katherine RockHammer that gives you a tear-shaped jewel called "Cracked Archmastery Opal +1" that allows you to use Archmastery at lower levels!

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I am not liking the Archmastery update, these spells were fine as they where, I spent a lot of crown to get rain deer knight and deer knight to ease my early play and now I have to get another jewel, pay crown to unlock the socket or farm for a wrench just to get a 15% chance to use a spell I paid for

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Wolff Storm Walker on Dec 2, 2022 wrote:
I am not liking the Archmastery update, these spells were fine as they where, I spent a lot of crown to get rain deer knight and deer knight to ease my early play and now I have to get another jewel, pay crown to unlock the socket or farm for a wrench just to get a 15% chance to use a spell I paid for
Unfortunately Wizard is need of some spell changes for the future of the game. Here are some more thoughts on Archmastery from an interview we did with MMOHut.
https://mmohuts.com/news/exclusive-interview-wizard101s-novus-update/

Fortunately your original spell isn't gone, however you will have to use Spellements to upgrade it to whichever Spellement Path you would like.

Hope this helps, I'm interested to see what other have to say about this new system. Thank you for reaching out!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I now have the Archmastery jewel on both my Ice and death, this has allowed me to use these spells, I found an Amulet in the bazar with a tear drop socket that was open for both.

This has not changed my deck load, I still run a razor thin deck so I get the spell I want when I need it so unless one of the changes is to have more than 7 cards in your hand I don't see players moving away from a razor thin deck.