Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More learnable Spells from Arcanum Scholars?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2019
Since we are now trying to promote the idea of Dual Schools on gear, can we have more spells be learnable from the Arcanum scholars? maybe the school blades or something? I think the idea of Dual School is cool ( I would love my Life wizard to rock both Life and Ice spells)

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Celestic955 on Oct 17, 2022 wrote:
Since we are now trying to promote the idea of Dual Schools on gear, can we have more spells be learnable from the Arcanum scholars? maybe the school blades or something? I think the idea of Dual School is cool ( I would love my Life wizard to rock both Life and Ice spells)
I couldn't agree more that we need more learnable spells to make it more viable running two schools. School blades are essential in my honest opinion especially since the school auras only offer 25% damage and frenzy is too risky with essentially a 30% trap on you for four rounds. I noticed that Death School for some strange reason doesn't let you train Scarecrow, which I find very sad, giving you can train every other schools seven pip AOE. I do hope that is changed because a couple of my wizards have Headless Horseman and I would love to have death as a secondary school.

I also think it would be great to see dual school gear that has universal damage plus your own schools. That way you can choose and are not limited like you are with Merciless gear.

I would also like to see the addition of universal pierce jewels (6%) so that both schools have more pierce.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2018
Yes!!! School blades / dual school blades would be amazing to have to make dual schooling even more viable if needed. And/or we can even learn special things like enfeeble or special enchants that can add dual school dmg and effects. (Similar to transmute spells, but maybe death/storm for example could have storm lord gain a drain effect if death and have partial death dmg added, and storm can gain a small drain or option to ignore absorbs how drain spells do)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The game has been this way since its inception with dual school gear; this is nothing new. The gear and thought process of making W101 require help from others to do certain bosses and whatnot is at odds with each other. That said, THIS POST talks about mastery amulets, mastery decks, and sun and moon school triblades (there's been others since of course). The mastery system has been implemented in a very halfway type of way. It needs to be expanded. Give us something more PvE wise to make it worth while. I like the idea of opening up ways to get quest only spells from other schools. I think there needs to be a control method however, maybe something like this:

Only while wearing a school's mastery amulet can you get a quest for quest trained spells from another school, or load quest taught spells into your deck.

This way, if you change mastery amulets, or remove it completely, you lose the benefit. You could still use Storm Shark (as an example) but couldnt use Stormblade. It should cost something tangible.