Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Took a level 50 potion but cant farm spellements

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 14, 2011
I used a level 50 potion to upgrade my wizard so I could farm spellements but I can't get any spellements. Is that a glitch or intended feature?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You can not farm bosses for spellements past DS level, so you messed up sorry.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
bobgbt on May 17, 2022 wrote:
I used a level 50 potion to upgrade my wizard so I could farm spellements but I can't get any spellements. Is that a glitch or intended feature?
You should be able to farm spellements in Dragonspyre.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
king lucas on May 18, 2022 wrote:
You should be able to farm spellements in Dragonspyre.
No, the level 50 elixir completes DS, at which point you are locked out of spellement farming for the level 1-6 spells. You need to be in DS, but not finished with the world.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Jasmine is incorrect. It's still possible to farm in DS even if you've used a level 50 elixir. The general rule of thumb is that you can get spellements from the world you are currently on and the previous world. Someone who is currently in CL should therefore be able to get spellements in both CL and DS, but CL spellements don't exist yet.

The "Astrologist" badge will prevent you from getting spellement drops in DS. This is obtained by completing Trial of the Spheres a.k.a defeating Mithraya. You should not have this badge yet if you simply bought a level 50 elixir.

"Savior of the Spiral" is obtained by completing the final quest in Dragonspyre. You willstill be able to obtain spellement drops in DS even when you have this badge, but it will prevent you from receiving drops in MS.

"Oni Slayer" is the badge you get for completing MS a.k.a defeating the Jade Oni. This badge will allow you to get spellements in DS, and you will still be able to obtain spellements in MS until you get "Savior of the Spiral".

If you purchased a level 50 elixir, you will not have "Oni Slayer" badge yet because the badge comes from simply defeating the Jade Oni rather than handing in a quest. Simply to go to the Jade Oni in MS, defeat it, and obtain the "Oni Slayer" badge. This will allow you to get spellement drops in DS until you get the "Astrologist" badge.

The issue stems from the fact that "Savior of the Spiral" stems from completing a quest that is automatically done when you use a level 50 elixir, whereas "Oni Slayer" comes from defeating a certain enemy which is not automatically done when you use the elixir.

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
Tanner Silver on May 27, 2022 wrote:
Jasmine is incorrect. It's still possible to farm in DS even if you've used a level 50 elixir. The general rule of thumb is that you can get spellements from the world you are currently on and the previous world. Someone who is currently in CL should therefore be able to get spellements in both CL and DS, but CL spellements don't exist yet.

The "Astrologist" badge will prevent you from getting spellement drops in DS. This is obtained by completing Trial of the Spheres a.k.a defeating Mithraya. You should not have this badge yet if you simply bought a level 50 elixir.

"Savior of the Spiral" is obtained by completing the final quest in Dragonspyre. You willstill be able to obtain spellement drops in DS even when you have this badge, but it will prevent you from receiving drops in MS.

"Oni Slayer" is the badge you get for completing MS a.k.a defeating the Jade Oni. This badge will allow you to get spellements in DS, and you will still be able to obtain spellements in MS until you get "Savior of the Spiral".

If you purchased a level 50 elixir, you will not have "Oni Slayer" badge yet because the badge comes from simply defeating the Jade Oni rather than handing in a quest. Simply to go to the Jade Oni in MS, defeat it, and obtain the "Oni Slayer" badge. This will allow you to get spellement drops in DS until you get the "Astrologist" badge.

The issue stems from the fact that "Savior of the Spiral" stems from completing a quest that is automatically done when you use a level 50 elixir, whereas "Oni Slayer" comes from defeating a certain enemy which is not automatically done when you use the elixir.
This needs to be amplified or looks at by developers.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
I can confirm if you buy a lvl 50 potion you just need to go back to MU defeat the jade oni and you can get spellments in DS. Just need to get the oni slayer badge to unlock ds.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
I play with my Kid we are both in DS with main quest we both have same lvl he can drop Spellements i cant drop . Still dont find why . Plz i really need help to fix this