Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Indication of Sharpened Swords

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
I believe that it would be very helpful if there were some sort of indicator between a blade and a sharpened blade, my friends and I have been questing and in fights we find it difficult to remember if we have already put up a sharpened blade or if it was just a regular one. This is especially difficult if we are fighting a boss that cheats, there are just too many things to keep track of sometimes and when we're on a long grind we tend to lack in the memory department. This suggestion also transfers over to the traps and their respective potent trap variant, maybe if colors were changed or if they had some sort of mark on them to signal the difference.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Also, each type of sharpened blade should look different--in deck and on the player. It's easy to get confused about which types of sharpen enchants have been used. I cannot understand why the look of the blades was recently changed, which really just made them harder to see, and yet the this actual appearance issue that affects gameplay was not addressed.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
If you hover your mouse over an player/mob's "battle sigil symbol" during spell selection, you will see all the hanging effects on the target (excluding DoTs and HoTs).

White = Regular/Item Spell
Blue = Pet Spell
Yellow = Treasure Card Spell
Purple = Enchanted Spell

The only problem is that Regular, Pet, and Item enchanted spells all appear as purple. There has been discussion of adding more colours (preferably green and brown) to help differentiate Pet and Item enchants.

Like this
https://i.imgur.com/VduMf19.jpg

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Kane WildBlood on Mar 7, 2022 wrote:
I believe that it would be very helpful if there were some sort of indicator between a blade and a sharpened blade, my friends and I have been questing and in fights we find it difficult to remember if we have already put up a sharpened blade or if it was just a regular one. This is especially difficult if we are fighting a boss that cheats, there are just too many things to keep track of sometimes and when we're on a long grind we tend to lack in the memory department. This suggestion also transfers over to the traps and their respective potent trap variant, maybe if colors were changed or if they had some sort of mark on them to signal the difference.
If you hover over the sigil icon by the tab of your character's HP and first name, you can see which hanging effects are present on your character.
Here is a cheat-sheet to tell which is which effect:

White: A normal, unenchanted, main deck effect

Yellow: A treasure card effect
Purple: An enchanted effect (i.e. Sharpened Blade)
Blue: An item/pet card effect

For example, if you had a normal stormblade, a treasure card stormblade, an enchanted stormblade, and an enchanted elemental blade, it would look like this:
+35%

+35%

+45%

+45%

+45%

+45%

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There is actually an easy fix to this. Mark the difference in the hover over window and not the blades circling the user. This way, they dont have to focus on that, and can just add new icons to the hover over list.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Just adding new hover info doesn't fix this at all. Hover info often doesn't display properly and, obviously you cannot see it before the spell is cast when you may need the info.

I don't see why there cannot be a colored edge or other effect showing different enchantments on the blades as they circle, in addition to hover info, using the same color codes.

Also, this should be shown on the cards in deck. If I have multiple sharpen cards and I apply them to blades, now all the sharpened blades look identical and it's so easy to forget which is which. Now someone else picks a sharpened blade to cast, I can see the card they are using, and even if I remember which of mine is which, I don't know which one they are casting, and there often isn't time to ask which one they used. I need to be able to see it. Different cards should not look identical, this just causes needless confusion.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
John Hawkstone on Mar 10, 2022 wrote:
If you hover your mouse over an player/mob's "battle sigil symbol" during spell selection, you will see all the hanging effects on the target (excluding DoTs and HoTs).

White = Regular/Item Spell
Blue = Pet Spell
Yellow = Treasure Card Spell
Purple = Enchanted Spell

The only problem is that Regular, Pet, and Item enchanted spells all appear as purple. There has been discussion of adding more colours (preferably green and brown) to help differentiate Pet and Item enchants.

Like this
https://i.imgur.com/VduMf19.jpg
This has been in the game and is highly useful. I hope that they add the other distinctions in the future as well. My only issue is that the color meaning is not overly obvious either in addition to the multiple iterations. It would be nice if there was a key or something in game that explained this.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
sword tree on Mar 11, 2022 wrote:
Just adding new hover info doesn't fix this at all. Hover info often doesn't display properly and, obviously you cannot see it before the spell is cast when you may need the info.

I don't see why there cannot be a colored edge or other effect showing different enchantments on the blades as they circle, in addition to hover info, using the same color codes.

Also, this should be shown on the cards in deck. If I have multiple sharpen cards and I apply them to blades, now all the sharpened blades look identical and it's so easy to forget which is which. Now someone else picks a sharpened blade to cast, I can see the card they are using, and even if I remember which of mine is which, I don't know which one they are casting, and there often isn't time to ask which one they used. I need to be able to see it. Different cards should not look identical, this just causes needless confusion.
That's mainly what I meant by adding other colours; to change the background colour of the spell.
- changing pet spells & background/textbox to bright green, signifying "this is a pet version"
- keeping item background but changing the spells to pet's current blue, signifying "this is an item version"
- any enchant gives the respective background colour (purple = trained, blue = item, green = pet)

Also the "crown of blades" can overlap, so at that point for animation identifiers.