Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Long delay in seeing posts

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I didn't know where to put this, so here goes. This was submitted on 1/17/22.

Hello everybody. I was wondering if something had changed on the forums. It seems like there is a very long delay in getting posts updated. I know there is a small amount of posts of mine I'm not seeing, but the "updated topics" link seems to not change at all with what is updated.

All of that said, I don't think I've done anything to cause my posts specifically to be delayed or not posted.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
This is not a problem exclusive to you. My posts - indeed, everyone's - appear to have been hit by delays recently.

I'm certain that there are reasons behind this, but I'd like to ask the moderation team what these reasons are. This is unusual.

Administrator
dayerider on Jan 17, 2022 wrote:
I didn't know where to put this, so here goes. This was submitted on 1/17/22.

Hello everybody. I was wondering if something had changed on the forums. It seems like there is a very long delay in getting posts updated. I know there is a small amount of posts of mine I'm not seeing, but the "updated topics" link seems to not change at all with what is updated.

All of that said, I don't think I've done anything to cause my posts specifically to be delayed or not posted.
Hello! Nothing has changed, I'm still the moderator going through all the posts and usernames, my goal is to have them out of moderation within 24-72 hours, given time with weekends and holidays etc.

Sometimes I'm a perfectionist and want to get things checked out by Sparck just in case and it takes a bit longer to get those things figured out.

At first I felt as though it would be better to approve a posts when I had an answer for that post myself, but I'm learning that these are community forums and now I'm allowing myself to approve more in shorter times to allow the community to respond in what would probably be a way faster time than I could.

Just want to make sure that these forums are as safe and as accurate as possible. Thanks for bearing with me.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Maceryn on Jan 28, 2022 wrote:
Hello! Nothing has changed, I'm still the moderator going through all the posts and usernames, my goal is to have them out of moderation within 24-72 hours, given time with weekends and holidays etc.

Sometimes I'm a perfectionist and want to get things checked out by Sparck just in case and it takes a bit longer to get those things figured out.

At first I felt as though it would be better to approve a posts when I had an answer for that post myself, but I'm learning that these are community forums and now I'm allowing myself to approve more in shorter times to allow the community to respond in what would probably be a way faster time than I could.

Just want to make sure that these forums are as safe and as accurate as possible. Thanks for bearing with me.
It's always safer to "measure twice and cut once", and I'm all for that. It was just something I noticed, and figured I'd ask about it :) Perhaps the forum moderation team needs another person to keep up with demand?

Administrator
dayerider on Jan 29, 2022 wrote:
It's always safer to "measure twice and cut once", and I'm all for that. It was just something I noticed, and figured I'd ask about it :) Perhaps the forum moderation team needs another person to keep up with demand?
Totally understood, I want to be as transparent as I can with you all and your question is 100% valid.

It would be great to have someone solely dedicated to the forums, unfortunately I don't have jurisdiction over that. Maybe one day that will happen!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Maceryn on Jan 31, 2022 wrote:
Totally understood, I want to be as transparent as I can with you all and your question is 100% valid.

It would be great to have someone solely dedicated to the forums, unfortunately I don't have jurisdiction over that. Maybe one day that will happen!
That's understandable. I'm available for hire

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Hi,

I’ve been noticing that sometimes it’s longer than 72 hours. It’s amazing how far we have come. I remember when it was 12-24. Dworgyn, Greyrose, and Mythdust even took time out of their Saturday or Sunday so they wouldn’t be swamped on Monday. I’m really sorry about this… but you understand that contributors on the message boards can no longer post-edit since their message isn’t uploaded until after the 24 hour window.

I think as long as there isn’t profanity to start with… just pass it. You can always come back and lock out the conversation if it gets rowdy. I’d say anyone under ten years old on here is most likely less than 1%. But I could be wrong.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Dear KI Team,

This is ongoing. Would it be possible to have volunteers assist with this process? Other community leaders appear to have the ability to post without requiring KI staff to approve. I just wonder if this is something that can be delegated, if KI staff are occupied with other things?

Thanks!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
My apologies if this comes off as critical or frustrated, but I'm noticing that extensive post delays are still an ongoing issues. I'm only seeing new posts at the end of every week, which is far longer than the norm just a few months ago.

Because of these delays, it is getting harder to maintain discussions on these Message Boards, with what seems like long silence in between sudden bursts of activity that are difficult to take in all at once. I understand that Maceryn and Spark are sometimes too busy to review posts on a certain day, but this is still highly unusual.

Is it at all possible for posts to be examined and approved on a more regular basis? Or is it possible to bring in another forum moderator to keep up with demand? Again, my apologies if this comes off as critical, but I'm at least hoping to have regular discussions when Spring Test Realm comes out.

Explorer
May 07, 2010
i've had the same concerns others discussed both here and in the "where's my post?" announcement thread for a while now, so i have to finally ask: what has been going on?? i understand and agree with breaks over weekends and holiday periods, but this forum slowdown is more than that. delays seem to consistently be five days minimum but often go as long as eleven days or more, and this has been happening for many months since as early as august 2021.
i want to emphasize that, like others said, these delays make it EXTREMELY difficult to carry discussions amongst ourselves. it also makes it hard to even get any visibility or engagement on our threads, including game feedback and bug reports, because posts now get published in "bulk" between these long delays. this means threads and replies are quickly drowned out, sometimes before they've even gone public. essentially, the long delays make many discussions "dead on arrival." i hope that makes sense; this is a recurring pattern ive observed lately.

i just want to understand what's caused the change with the attention to these forums these past months. are there not enough mods? are the forums hard to manage or no longer preferred for KI to attend to? should players expect forums to keep slowing down? do players need to move to social media to realistically participate in conversations and have a voice in player-to-player and player-to-dev communication? or is KI in a transitional period and working on changes to their lines of communication behind the scenes? any answers to these questions would be massively helpful.
im sorry if i sounded accusatory, but i won't lie and say i'm not frustrated and worried, especially with a game-changing test realm incoming. i sincerely hope you understand. any clarity is appreciated.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Lookit Light on Mar 26, 2022 wrote:
My apologies if this comes off as critical or frustrated, but I'm noticing that extensive post delays are still an ongoing issues. I'm only seeing new posts at the end of every week, which is far longer than the norm just a few months ago.

Because of these delays, it is getting harder to maintain discussions on these Message Boards, with what seems like long silence in between sudden bursts of activity that are difficult to take in all at once. I understand that Maceryn and Spark are sometimes too busy to review posts on a certain day, but this is still highly unusual.

Is it at all possible for posts to be examined and approved on a more regular basis? Or is it possible to bring in another forum moderator to keep up with demand? Again, my apologies if this comes off as critical, but I'm at least hoping to have regular discussions when Spring Test Realm comes out.
"I'm at least hoping to have regular discussions when Spring Test Realm comes out."

Me too!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I've noticed that posts being approved have begun happening on a more regular basis again, especially in the Test Realm section.

This is good, and I like it. Regular posts promote healthy discussion. Please keep going with this so that We can have proper discussions.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
I'm making sure the forums gets the proper attention that it deservers.

Already noticing the forums starting to flourish with more conversations and interesting discussions!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Kyle IceWielder on Apr 14, 2022 wrote:
I'm making sure the forums gets the proper attention that it deservers.

Already noticing the forums starting to flourish with more conversations and interesting discussions!
Thank you Kyle!

We as the forums community appreciate it immensely!

Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help-I know a number of individuals would be happy to help moderate on an individual basis as well.

Thanks again!