Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvE Battle Rule Randomizer

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Note: This feature should have a toggle so specific duel circles would not change.

Could we get a battle rule randomizer for (mainly non-boss) PvE battles? What would happen is when a duel circle is initialized, a random battle rule is given. This would be something like:
  • "No AoE Spells" - forcing players and mobs to use single-target spells;
  • "Dragonblade Frenzy" - giving players and mobs a Dragonblade at the start of each round;
  • "Fast Duel" - cumulative +10% damage per turn (same rule as fast duels in tourneys);
  • "On Vacation" - negate all pet talents (pet cards, stat bonuses, maycast & willcast spells);
  • "Mana Zone" - spells do not consume pips, but still requires enough pips to cast the spell;
  • Etc.

All or almost all dungeon instances would not have this feature to avoid overriding, conflicting, or breaking any cheats. So overworld duel circles will likely be the only ones with this feature.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Being randomly locked out of AOE spells sounds incredibly frustrating for questing.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
this is an interesting concept, though I feel this is something that would be a good addition to Wysteria, not all over the spiral. Perhaps a new tower of some kind. While I KNOW Wysteria is a side world, they're full of cheaters. This seems like a natural place to put something like this and could help lead to Wysteria being more of a side world than it is now.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Thanks for the feedback.

I had completely forgotten about farming and this idea would make doing to very frustrating; I agree with Dayerider regarding a new side story "world", possibly an expansion of Wysteria (similarly how Wintertusk is to Grizzleheim), were this feature could be implemented.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009