Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon not earning Event points for Spiral Scene

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
2 days in a row, Temple of Storms has not earned Event points. This is a longer instance and it's a shame it doesn't earn the points. I met all requirements. No one left.

Has anyone noticed such a bug with other longer instances?

KI, please fix this.

Additionally, my higher level wizard is not able to join to help with this dungeon. Fix this too; I farm this place!

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
You have to help a team by using the Kiosk for one of the two highest level worlds your character currently has access to (i.e Azteca or Khrysalis)

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Cowan lifesong on Oct 30, 2021 wrote:
You have to help a team by using the Kiosk for one of the two highest level worlds your character currently has access to (i.e Azteca or Khrysalis)
You misread what I wrote. I dual box and farm Temple of Storms to win Hallowe'en wands. So, one account was doing Spiral Scene team-up while the other account wanted to join the team-up to make it go faster while earning a team-up badge. So there are 2 separate issues that occurred trying to do those things.

I have an update on both issues.

- Immediately after making this topic, I joined Temple of Storms again and made sure to be a part of every fight, and the Event Points were earned from the NPC before Krokopatra. So we did not need to actually finish the dungeon to earn the points. This should not happen because people helping should have to stay for the entirety of the dungeon to earn their points. Also, being forced to be a part of the 3 battles should not be the requirement when we can get caught in outside fights while those battles get done with. It should be as long as we are there for the final fight we earn our event points.

- On my higher level wizard, Temple of Storms was not there when I wrote this up but then was there? I'm now actually not sure so gonna run to the dungeon and check...
Starting team-up on lvl 44 and my lvl 129 does not see it. Starting it on my lvl 129 and my lvl 44 sees it.
Why would my higher lvl need the help!? Why would the lower lvl not want help from someone higher?!

Maceryn, is what I'm saying here make sense to you and can this be looked over please? It seems the team-up kiosk needs a major overhaul so it can work properly. (Please let's not forget that what Cowan said should not apply since it means my wizard who had only just begun Empyrea cannot help any team-up there)

Administrator
stemogstel on Nov 2, 2021 wrote:
You misread what I wrote. I dual box and farm Temple of Storms to win Hallowe'en wands. So, one account was doing Spiral Scene team-up while the other account wanted to join the team-up to make it go faster while earning a team-up badge. So there are 2 separate issues that occurred trying to do those things.

I have an update on both issues.

- Immediately after making this topic, I joined Temple of Storms again and made sure to be a part of every fight, and the Event Points were earned from the NPC before Krokopatra. So we did not need to actually finish the dungeon to earn the points. This should not happen because people helping should have to stay for the entirety of the dungeon to earn their points. Also, being forced to be a part of the 3 battles should not be the requirement when we can get caught in outside fights while those battles get done with. It should be as long as we are there for the final fight we earn our event points.

- On my higher level wizard, Temple of Storms was not there when I wrote this up but then was there? I'm now actually not sure so gonna run to the dungeon and check...
Starting team-up on lvl 44 and my lvl 129 does not see it. Starting it on my lvl 129 and my lvl 44 sees it.
Why would my higher lvl need the help!? Why would the lower lvl not want help from someone higher?!

Maceryn, is what I'm saying here make sense to you and can this be looked over please? It seems the team-up kiosk needs a major overhaul so it can work properly. (Please let's not forget that what Cowan said should not apply since it means my wizard who had only just begun Empyrea cannot help any team-up there)
Yes, just to make sure:

Problem 1: Gaining event points before the dungeon has completed.

Problem 2: Not being able to see and join certain team up instances.

We recently made a change to the Team Up Kiosk. For first arc worlds, if the player who wants to help is a much higher level than the player asking for help, we don't show them the team in the kiosk until the team has been waiting a few minutes.

The reason for this is we want to give appropriately leveled players a chance to join the team first.

When a higher level player helps a lower level team it isn't really fun for either player.

Arthur (Gary)

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Maceryn on Nov 3, 2021 wrote:
Yes, just to make sure:

Problem 1: Gaining event points before the dungeon has completed.

Problem 2: Not being able to see and join certain team up instances.
In problem 1:
I tried Temple of Storm 2x and didn't earn the event points. But I dual box and did not keep track if any of my 2 chars joined any or all of the 3 fights (before reaching Krokopatra). Another max level wizard may have joined and I knew those 3 fights would not be a problem regardless. I am there for guidance and would assist if it was truly needed.

My 3rd team up try there, I made sure to be a part of every part of it (for the lower level wizard). The event points were given at the NPC before Krokopatra. Maybe Krokopatra is considered a secret boss and not part of the quest?

So this problem is twofold. At first it didn't reward the points if not a part of the entire thing (what is the requirement?) even though I watched over every fight and made sure it went well (without my joining all the fights).
And secondly being what you said (not having to defeat the final boss to earn the event points). [One could also check if team-up badge would count before defeating the final boss here too]

Problem 2 is as you said. I wanted to do Temple of Storms on both wizards. On my main to farm Hallowe'en wands that Krokopatra drops while at the same time taking care of the team-up needed for the event (for the wizard on the other account). The bonus would be my main getting closer to the next team up badge. My main wizard (lvl 129) is not allowed to join that team-up (I thought I saw it there once but it wasn't there when I tested it like the post says).

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
Both of your problems can be answered by your player's level and the world they have access too. Your level 129 wizard is fairly high level meaning you most likely have access to Empyrea and Mirage. Spiral Scene event rewards on helping a team requires you to help a team within the top 2 worlds you have access too. Your level 44 most likely has access to Dragonspyre or Mooshu maybe Marleybone. Regardless their access to their top worlds are in the rare cases Mooshu and Marleybone. Temple of Storms is a Krokotopia dungeon that you can only get event points if your level 44 has not passed Marleybone yet. In the points description in parentheses it will show 2 worlds abbreviated that you can help in to receive points. This is also to prevent you from easy team up farming to get the badge easier. Also only the last fight to exit the dungeon is required to get the points. If your level 129 wants the points using the team up kiosk help in a dungeon in Empyrea or Mirage. Once the wizard has access to Karamelle then only Karamelle and Empyrea. The game mechanics are like this someone has requested help they will reach out to all the team up volunteers and people have access to the dungeon first within a certain level range. If nobody decides to help they will release the restriction to anyone who has completed the dungeon before.

Your second issue is that your main wizard is far too high to be helping in such a low level world. Regardless if your are just helping yourself dual box the game itself does not know that you are the same person playing both accounts. The game sees a level 44 who most likely does not have access to critical requesting for help in a dungeon that is not the issue. The issue is the game has set up safeguards so higher level players cannot just join a low level team up right away and rush through the entire dungeon as they have the power and knowledge of what being said. Some players like to listen or read the dialogue to make their gameplay more enjoyable. This forces them to either speed read through the dialogue or skip the dialogue to catch up so they do not have to repeat the dungeon. This discourages other players from progressing as they want to advance in the storyline without making there guide complete the dungeon super fast to avoid wasting time.

If there too large of a gap between the level of the dungeon and the player level there will be a time delay of when you can see the dungeon in team up kiosk. In my experience my level 140 storm could not see a friend team up request for 15-20 minutes as he was requesting help in a Marleybone dungeon that was a difficulty of around level 40 with a full group. The game is trying to encourage lower level wizards who have done the dungeon to help before releasing the restriction for higher level players. It is not much of a struggle or an experience if someone just does everything for you and makes your life easier.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Nov 3, 2021 wrote:
We recently made a change to the Team Up Kiosk. For first arc worlds, if the player who wants to help is a much higher level than the player asking for help, we don't show them the team in the kiosk until the team has been waiting a few minutes.

The reason for this is we want to give appropriately leveled players a chance to join the team first.

When a higher level player helps a lower level team it isn't really fun for either player.

Arthur (Gary)
These recent changes are not ideal to both sides.

It is quite presumptuous to say " when a higher level player helps a lower level team it isn't really fun for either player. " I make gameplay fun for everyone I come across. it's denying people the opportunity to meet someone friendly by limiting team up like this. Throughout over a decade of playing, I know young wizards absolutely love the help and guidance that only a higher level wizard can provide. Young wizards always want high level wizards as friends. I have so many friends that are shocked to see I am still friends with them after all these years despite them being low level.

I also play noob wizards. My high level wizard friends list is full and most everyone always asks me to friend them and I give the opportunity to befriend one of my noobs. All my high leveled friends would ask me how I'd like them to help me if I were to seek help with any dungeon.

I think there might be another reasoning for this change. Was it changed because people were getting their team up badges too easily the way it was?

At least you explained why I thought my high level wizard briefly saw Temple of Storms in the kiosk. Now think about this... is it fun for low level wizards to be waiting so long to get help? What happens when they wait for so long? I play the game and can observe what happens. They lose interest. They tend to other things. Some find a way to do the dungeon without the help. Some try it and get dejected when they cannot win without help. Waiting makes the game boring for them. When a low level wizard has to wait for a long time, it gives good reason for them to not want to continue playing. Young kids playing Wiz have time restrictions given by their parents. Children have bedtimes. This change is taking a fun experience away.

If what you said is the truth, why not give the option for the level of help the player wants? Let the player decide what is and what is not fun for themselves. Make it an option.

The options can be:
  • Wait 5 minutes before higher level wizards can join
  • Allow higher level wizards to join immediately
  • Do not allow higher level wizards

Btw, one more thing. If it's going to continue having us wait for the appropriately leveled players to be able to join, this could be explained at the kiosk. The way it is now has everyone wondering why they are waiting so very long to get help. It also has high levels wondering why there are so few lower worlds seeking help. It makes the game appear as if not many care anymore. Well I care and the way it is now is not ideal.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Kyuubi reborn on Nov 5, 2021 wrote:
Both of your problems can be answered by your player's level and the world they have access too. Your level 129 wizard is fairly high level meaning you most likely have access to Empyrea and Mirage. Spiral Scene event rewards on helping a team requires you to help a team within the top 2 worlds you have access too. Your level 44 most likely has access to Dragonspyre or Mooshu maybe Marleybone. Regardless their access to their top worlds are in the rare cases Mooshu and Marleybone. Temple of Storms is a Krokotopia dungeon that you can only get event points if your level 44 has not passed Marleybone yet. In the points description in parentheses it will show 2 worlds abbreviated that you can help in to receive points. This is also to prevent you from easy team up farming to get the badge easier. Also only the last fight to exit the dungeon is required to get the points. If your level 129 wants the points using the team up kiosk help in a dungeon in Empyrea or Mirage. Once the wizard has access to Karamelle then only Karamelle and Empyrea. The game mechanics are like this someone has requested help they will reach out to all the team up volunteers and people have access to the dungeon first within a certain level range. If nobody decides to help they will release the restriction to anyone who has completed the dungeon before.

Your second issue is that your main wizard is far too high to be helping in such a low level world. Regardless if your are just helping yourself dual box the game itself does not know that you are the same person playing both accounts. The game sees a level 44 who most likely does not have access to critical requesting for help in a dungeon that is not the issue. The issue is the game has set up safeguards so higher level players cannot just join a low level team up right away and rush through the entire dungeon as they have the power and knowledge of what being said. Some players like to listen or read the dialogue to make their gameplay more enjoyable. This forces them to either speed read through the dialogue or skip the dialogue to catch up so they do not have to repeat the dungeon. This discourages other players from progressing as they want to advance in the storyline without making there guide complete the dungeon super fast to avoid wasting time.

If there too large of a gap between the level of the dungeon and the player level there will be a time delay of when you can see the dungeon in team up kiosk. In my experience my level 140 storm could not see a friend team up request for 15-20 minutes as he was requesting help in a Marleybone dungeon that was a difficulty of around level 40 with a full group. The game is trying to encourage lower level wizards who have done the dungeon to help before releasing the restriction for higher level players. It is not much of a struggle or an experience if someone just does everything for you and makes your life easier.
Thank you for trying to help... I know all of this already and met all the requirements like my post says. Temple of Storms earned the level 44 the event points as my next post read. My level 129 had only just entered Empyrea so there is no place there for me to earn any points. The system is flawed in many ways and this is one of them. (My level 129 was not trying to earn event points at KT)

For the other issue, I had written up a beautiful reply to Arthur's post with a solution. Because truth of the matter is, someone asking for team up help would take any help they can get. Making us wait 15-20 minutes just isn't fun for anyone. If the reason is to avoid high levels doing all the work, the solution to that is simple - Add more options.

The options can be:
  • Wait 5 minutes before higher level wizards can join
  • Allow higher level wizards to join immediately
  • Do not allow higher level wizards

When I team up, I help make sure the experience is a good one. I talk to the people I am helping. I ask what they need. Some places like Big Ben have multiple goals one might need to get done and I am extremely helpful. Hopefully my previous post gets approved as more was said there.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Nov 3, 2021 wrote:

Arthur (Gary)
Seeing as my initial reply is not up yet, let it be known that this change makes it difficult for low level wizards to get a super fun experience from meeting players like me. Players who are friendly and help everyone they come across. I share whatever knowledge I have with whoever I am helping. I even tell them codes to redeem if any exist. Lower level wizards have always loved teaming up with me.

I have presented you with the solution in my yet-up post. I hope that everyone at KI read it and are taking it into consideration to add more options to team up. Let the player decide whether they want help from high level wizards or not. It's not fun having a super long wait time until a higher level wizard can join.

Please don't deny lower level wizards the opportunity to meet someone really nice... and fun!