Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Key Boss Bugged - Aethyr Elemental

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Hi there,

Just wanted to let the powers-that-be know that the Aether Elemental in Emperya is no longer working properly.

The boss is supposed to start as 1 enemy at 32,000 hp

Then he splits into 2 @ 16,000 hp

Then each of those split into another 2 @ 8000 hp each

However....

This is not working properly, my guess is because of the new mechanism within battles that block enemies and players from joining during the last turn of battle.
Therefore, if you are killing the first boss, when it tries to split into 2 new enemies they are unable to join the fight and the battle ends.

Although you still receive drops, this drastically changes the difficulty of the fight, allowing for it to be slightly too easy. Is it possible to get this fixed?

When this was happening it was just myself and 1 other friend. So 2 people on the wizard side total. We did 2 runs back to back and this happened both times.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Luis LifeGiver on Sep 8, 2021 wrote:
Hi there,

Just wanted to let the powers-that-be know that the Aether Elemental in Emperya is no longer working properly.

The boss is supposed to start as 1 enemy at 32,000 hp

Then he splits into 2 @ 16,000 hp

Then each of those split into another 2 @ 8000 hp each

However....

This is not working properly, my guess is because of the new mechanism within battles that block enemies and players from joining during the last turn of battle.
Therefore, if you are killing the first boss, when it tries to split into 2 new enemies they are unable to join the fight and the battle ends.

Although you still receive drops, this drastically changes the difficulty of the fight, allowing for it to be slightly too easy. Is it possible to get this fixed?

When this was happening it was just myself and 1 other friend. So 2 people on the wizard side total. We did 2 runs back to back and this happened both times.
Hello Again,

While I have continued to test this, my friends and I have concluded that this boss is in fact Broken.

Even after multiple tries, the game is not allowing the elemental to split in half after it dies.

Although I do enjoy the fight being shorter, I understand this is not how the fight should work.

Administrator
Luis LifeGiver on Sep 15, 2021 wrote:
Hello Again,

While I have continued to test this, my friends and I have concluded that this boss is in fact Broken.

Even after multiple tries, the game is not allowing the elemental to split in half after it dies.

Although I do enjoy the fight being shorter, I understand this is not how the fight should work.
Hello! Thank you for the reports, I've added it to the list!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I can confirm that Baba Yaga and the Time Butterfly are having similar and related issues.

If they try to summon a Minion with a cheat on the round that they are defeated, the minion is unable to join the ring and the battle ends then and there. I would go so far as to say that every boss that cheat summons minions is experiencing this in some manner.

An exception to the 'no creatures can join the battle on the final round' rule should be made for creatures summoned through cheats.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Maceryn on Sep 16, 2021 wrote:
Hello! Thank you for the reports, I've added it to the list!
Hey Maceryn!

Just wanted to let you know, I have reported this through the support channel!

Thanks!