Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fast Combat for Wiz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
i feel that wizard is pretty speedy as it is, but i personally think that they should add a tab in wizard like they have in pirate for fast combat, just to save some time. I especially feel a lot of time is wasted on blading 3-4 times in higher worlds as if you have fast combat it halfs the time or makes it even less. Please hear me out KI!!!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I think Wiz is particularly slow, actually combat-wise, especially at higher worlds as the spells get longer and the fights get longer.

I definitely agree that there should be a fast-combat option for Wizard101, similar to Pirate101. This idea has been suggested quite a lot, but the community generally can't agree. Some players enjoy the animations and like watching them. Other players are tired of seeing them for the thousandth time.

I like the approach KI is taking with speeding up all AOE (spells that hit all enemies), as this saves a lot of time. I think additional improvements can be made to speed up casting animations, cut idle/hanging time, and maybe also just apply a multiplier to the animation speed (like Pirate does).

In PvP, they added truncated spells (spell animations cut to be much faster) and it was largely unpopular and scrapped. It's a complicated issue.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I wonder if providing for more variety is an option? I personally love the battles that involve more than just alpha-striking and there are a lot of other players that are against having alpha-strike as the only strategy. However, there is a decent amount that don't want to do anything but alpha strike so it's hard to find a proper balance as Orzee says. I also agree that having hanging effects and AOE's do things all at once would be a happy medium for the moment. (Glad they sped up Storm Lord and Frost Giant for example, but the Stun still is the old animation of one at a time, plus adding stun blocks-I would much prefer hit all at once, stun all at once, shield all at once done.)