Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spellement Idea: "Extra Credit" quests!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
I think it goes without saying that many people struggle with the fact that many spellements are locked behind paywalls, or have a ludicrously low chance of dropping from key bosses, with all these complaints about spellements, I thought I would suggest a new addition to wizard101:

Extra Credit quests from your Ravenwood professor!

These quests would be available every 5-10 levels, starting at level 15, to give newer players a bigger incentive to level up rather than just getting new spells and as previously mentioned, would be acquired by talking to your school's respective professor in ravenwood. They give spellements to your school spells as rewards.

There would be several variations of each quest across all levels, ensuring that the player gets a fresh experience for each quest

Some quests may be easy, such as defeating a handful of common enemies on streets, while some may be harder and involve defeating a hidden boss (which also gives usage to random unused caves around some parts of the spiral!)

And as previously mentioned, the grand reward for completing your extra credit task is spellements for your chosen school's spells, the amount you get would vary on your level and the level of the card you want to get spellements for:
for example, let's say you're a level 65 myth wizard who just completed an extra credit quest, let's say you can choose between 3 rewards (despite the fact 2 of these rewards don't exist):
x30 bloodbat spellements (the weakest myth damage spell in the game at level 1, 64 levels ago)
x20 humongofrog spellements (middle ground, still a while ago but not as long ago as a bloodbat)
x10 orthrus spellements (again, you learned this a bit ago but it's the closest to your level, so you gain the least)

Overall, I think adding extra side quests to reward some spellements would be a fantastic way to tackle the problem that many players see with the current spellement situation. The main point would be to allow the player to upgrade a few spells, but still keep the fact that you need to grind quite a bit to upgrade most, if not all spells for your school. I'd love to hear feedback!