Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

deckathalon help

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
im unsure how people are able to reach over 200 points on day one when at most, a first timer to any given deckathalon, such as myself, cant progress past stage 2. and even with tips i found online i can only get half way through stage 2 because with the standard deck you dont get pips fast enough to kill 2 enemies starting with 2 pips each

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
When you are starting out, for the first few x.2 fights, take out one enemy as soon as you can, don't try to hold out for an AoE. Pass one or two levels at a time, and craft better decks as soon as you can. Farm the lower stages with multiple characters to get runes and deck #1 reward, then pass them to your main.

Once you upgrade deck, you can hold out for a more card efficient strategy and pass multiple levels each run. With a deck 7 or 8 I can get 100 points or more in one run. The players getting 200+ are using deck 9 or 10, and optimized pets. It's doable, but you have to work up to that.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
i wasnt holding out for aoes, i was taking out the enemies as quickly as i could. because i was stuck on stage 2 i couldnt craft a better deck, as you dont get deckalathon deck 2 until stage 2 is complete all the way

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Starting off can be frustrating. There's another "wall" around levels 5-6 in some of the events, but keep trying, you'll get there. Minor blessing, fire shield, and weakness can all help with staying alive. Generally you want to lead off with defensive spells.

Best of luck!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
hi;
prince already gave you most of the tips you can use generally.

i will just add deckathalon is not the easiest event.

high lvl can put good hp jewel in the tear socket (+125 hp)
it require lot of gold to buy the tc you need
hard to find a guide online to see what you must add in deck
stat and card given by pet dis-activated so you need to invest on a may-cast/will cast pet

but starting with fire ones is even more difficult cuz fire elf, hound are a real pain to the shield the only defense is the flat resist, the one given by the deck given at the end of a stage

personally i was stuck at stage 7 and even with the fire deck 6 i used my 6 last try to pass without success

for exemple:
stage 2 1 : fire shield fire shield snowman
stage 2 2 : fire shield fire shield brace blizzard
stage 2 3 : fire shield fire shield fire shield wyvern

that worked for me cuz they prefer balance blade on first turn and send fire cat instead of fire elf at turn 2
and the boss send sunbird

you can also use uncommon tc like the ice version of storm spell they often do more dmg for same value of pip
if you can use a deck that give bonus pip you win one turn so that far more easier to pass first stages

Developer
Sorry I'm so late with this Roseylee!

I made a guide about this a few months back for a lot of great tips for beginners who want to get 450 points for the pet or even want to get to the top! Check it out and it'll help a lot for future events!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbzOcaNgJzU&t=400s

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Cam on May 23, 2021 wrote:
Sorry I'm so late with this Roseylee!

I made a guide about this a few months back for a lot of great tips for beginners who want to get 450 points for the pet or even want to get to the top! Check it out and it'll help a lot for future events!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbzOcaNgJzU&t=400s
Really nice video. I've struggled a lot with Deckathalons so that was really helpful. Thanks!