Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why exactly can't we move gold and tc through our shared bank?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Many players have a "main" wizard who does the bulk of the farming, gardening, etc., all of which generate gold and drops including treasure cards. So when I need anything expensive on my other wizards, I usually buy it on my main and move it through the shared bank. If I need to move treasure cards, I have to trade them through a different account. If my gold is too high then I have to move items I won in farming to another wizard to sell them on that wizard.

I'm currently decorating a house, so I'm buying a lot of castle magic items and castle magic treasure cards on one wizard, stuffing the treasure cards into the reflectors and timers, then moving them through the shared bank where I will put them all down in my house and remove all the tc. Now I can start decorating. But why do we have to do this song and dance? Why can't I simply put 100,000 gold in my bank and buy the items where they are needed? This interface is incredibly awkward and makes the gameplay feel really clunky. Getting anything done is way more timeconsuming than necessary and a lot less fun than it could be.

The same goes for treasure cards--people have been asking for years to move treasure cards through the shared bank instead of having to trade them to someone and then trade them back again.

Moving stuff around isn't fun, KI. Can't we just move the gold and the cards through the bank and get back to enjoying the game?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
I believe why you are not allowed to do this is because some people have high levels with things like tc gargantuan which a low level can't buy in the bazaar and if they could give them to their low levels with their high levels it would be super overpowered. And if you want to farm gold Halfang Bristlecrown in Wintertusk he drops a lot of gear worth a lot of gold and you can put the gear through your shared bank. Hoped this helped!

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
But that is exactly what I'm talking about. Why do I have to shuttle each gear item I win through the shared bank instead of just selling it on the wizard who won it and moving the gold? Why do I have to trade tc to someone else who then trades it back to my other wizard instead of just moving the tc through the shared bank? These are very cumbersome ways to manage our stuff. When I'm farming somewhere I usually fill up a spare gear vault with the items I win. I don't want to delay my team by pushing them through the shared bank and logging out my farming wiz wiz, logging in to the other wiz, removing the items, and selling them on another wizard. It's a chore I do later,but it would be far simpler to sell the items as I get them and then just put the gold in the shared bank. Either way my other wizard gets the gold, but being able to move it directly would be far simpler and allow players to spend more time having fun and less time organizing stuff.

TC that are no trade could also be no shared bank. That's simple enough.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
That is a great idea but also think about this Kingsisle would have to put in work to make that happen just like you have to put in work to move your items. I think KI would have to work harder to make it so we could shared bank our gold and tc than we would have to just pressing x for each item to put into a shared bank. I think that KI would have to do more work than us and if they are still having people play without being able to shared bank gold and tc I don't think they believe they have to put in the time and effort.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Kenneth Frost on Apr 28, 2021 wrote:
I believe why you are not allowed to do this is because some people have high levels with things like tc gargantuan which a low level can't buy in the bazaar and if they could give them to their low levels with their high levels it would be super overpowered. And if you want to farm gold Halfang Bristlecrown in Wintertusk he drops a lot of gear worth a lot of gold and you can put the gear through your shared bank. Hoped this helped!
I think it makes more sense to put level limitations on those TC that are specifically restricted in the bazaar, that makes the playing field far more fair and more room for strategy and skill to actually matter.

I'm quite disappointed that we can't transfer gold. It's not as easy to farm for gold and such on some characters, especially if you dedicate a character for defense PVP, or something.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
icemaster95z on May 1, 2021 wrote:
I think it makes more sense to put level limitations on those TC that are specifically restricted in the bazaar, that makes the playing field far more fair and more room for strategy and skill to actually matter.

I'm quite disappointed that we can't transfer gold. It's not as easy to farm for gold and such on some characters, especially if you dedicate a character for defense PVP, or something.
If a character's only gearset is defensive PvP, then whoever is playing that char needs some help building multiple gearsets, imo. The gearset menu exists for a reason, and not using it is a terrible excuse to not be able to farm gold.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
This is an excellent Idea as I constantly have to shuffle things back and forth as the bank and back pack are so over loaded with the addition of doing the scrolls now its insane. I would love this option. Some of my girls on my account and have all seven schools on one account are dead broke. They need gold, so instead of buying unnecessary furniture, and houses with gold just to keep from loosing it, I think a gold share bank would be fantastic. I spend too much time shuffling items from one character to the other instead of playing and questing.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
Yes I have a low level pvp character and it would be nice if we could transfer gold, but all in all it's Kingsisle's choice.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
but, I can raise a pet with all sorts of may cast spells, or a pet that places a gargantuan spell card into my deck, and then just transfer it to my baby wizard. It is actually superior to just giving a new wizard a handful of treasure cards. True I did have to raise the pet first, and that does take time. I didn't simply buy cards and transfer them in a matter of minutes.

Having an over powered pet on a level 10 wizard is quite fun though, I highly recommend it.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
The thing is, making you trade treasure cards through another character encourages you to play two accounts. KI probably sees people playing two accounts as a good thing, since some will buy memberships for both, making them more money. Sadly, in this case I think that logic is flawed, since of course you don't need a membership to trade treasure cards. The mechanic is a nuisance I'd happily see done away with. And encouraging people to play two accounts is iffy to begin with, as some will see it as unfair pay-to-win. Imagine playing a 2v2 PvP battle against a team of two wizards played by the same player. Still, allowing low level wizards access to high level treasure cards also tends to make PvP unfair, and some restriction on that has a point. But the current bank limitation doesn't actually prevent trading high level treasure cards to low-level characters, it just makes it harder. I say do away with it.

The gold limitation works both ways. I have a high level that mostly sits around crafting pet snacks (I hate gardening), but has to buy ingredients from time to time. I can give the snacks to my low level through the bank but when it comes time to buy more ingredients I have to farm gold. The low level earns enough gold to buy the ingredients but can't give it to the high level. Farming gold is a boring nuisance.