Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blocking Errors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Either I'm the unluckiest player of all time, or the block % chance you get when hovering is wrong. I got suspicious and started recording whether the enemy blocked whenever the block % chance was less than or equal to 5%. After 15 trials, 5 of them blocked. The chances of me getting this unlucky or unluckier is .000614683. So yeah... pretty sure these values are bugged.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
The math may or may not be wrong, but I'll just say that this UI is not useful for the bulk of players when it comes to block.

The chance to critical makes sense. You have a say 70% chance.
The multiplier makes relative sense. You will do 1.89x regular damage upon a successful critical hit.
I believe this number is the chance that you critical and the mob will block.

That's simply not how players brains work or want to work. They want to know if they are going to critical or not. So in most people's minds this plays out as "If I got a 70% chance that I'll critical then 30% of the time it won't. That makes sense as it adds to 100."

Currently when casting an AOE it says you critical and then on enemies you don't get the critical damage people are like "what the heck?" vs. If the block animation plays then they're like "Oh darn, they blocked." This still needs to be fixed. Please.

Now, some have told me that the argument is well, the having a roll for each enemy is so that there is a chance for their block stat to take into effect. To that I say there are two major problems. 1. Their block chance does take into affect? They have a chance to Block the critical entirely OR 2. if that doesn't work then it Reduces the multiplier's effects (reducing it to say 1.32 or something).

For the bulk of players this is a bug that needs to be addressed.