Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need motivation please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
So I am a level 81 fire wizard and I am on Azteca. Recently I have been feeling like Azteca is just a repeat of Avalon but with different NPC's and such. I am looking forward to Khrysalis because of the shadow magic. Does anyone have any motivation for me to grind through Azteca?
I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
- Morgrim FireHorn 81

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
My response is a little late but I will tell you that Azteca and Khrysalis are very tedious. I personally enjoy Azteca having gone through it 4 or 5 times now. Khrysalis is a very long world, but after that come Polaris, Mirage, Empyrea and Karamelle. Polaris and Mirage are quite short and give you a bit of a break of those long, tedious worlds before you start Empyrea. Although it might not seem as fun to play right now you have to work through it. Throw on a movie or two and knock those quests out

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
With the new friendly player system, try to find a new friend and knock them out quickly! Group up, use a quick mount, and start churning out your best AoE to take out the mobs and bosses as fast as you can.

Efficient questing is fun questing

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
One reason Khyrasalis seems so long is it was originally released in two parts, Khrysalis 1 and Khrysalis 2. As it finishes up the second arc KingsIsle wanted it to be fully fleshed and memorable, similar to how Dragonspyre is pretty much the longest and most distinctive world of the first arc.

One thing I have noticed making Azteca drag is several of the areas have very tight clearances making it seem to take forever to get past the wandering monsters without starting an unwanted fight. I have found that in a couple of spots it is actually faster to bypass this careful creeping around and just run up to the monsters, defeat them and then use the post fight immunity to run to your objective.

Talk to the other players you see. They are probably getting bored, too. Try to intelligently join battles other people started so you both complete your quests faster, just be wary of joining just as the other guy seems ready to launch his fight winning attack -- it can be annoying to have another player drag in another monster just as you cast that fight winning AoE, leaving you with an extra monster to kill. Pay attention to what monsters the other wizard is fighting and try to drag in another of the same sort; likely adding another will help advance his quest but adding a different sort just wastes his time.

It can be amusing to try to identify the real dinosaur each aztecasaur type is modeled on. Dinosaurs are cool, mkay?

The Azteca lore is kind of interesting if you pay attention to it.

Some of the Azteca gear has a really distinctive look to it. The stats aren't going to beat waterworks gear but if you can afford a few crowns for stitching you can use this stuff to give your wizard a spiffy new look. I particularly love the "feathered tomahawk" wands.