Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Funny Wings of Fate thought

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ok, I've been finally using this spell a bit for a fight, and came to the realization that this spell's functionality should be fire and not life. Why do I say that? Simple:

Link
Damage 30 + 150 damage/3 rounds & 15 + 105 healing/3 rounds

Power Link

Damage 55 + 345 damage/3 rounds & 40 + 240 healing/3 Rounds

Wings of Fate
Damage 75 + 375 damage/3 rounds to enemies & 75 + 780 healing/3 Rounds to all allies

This would actually be an awesome spell for Fire. Am I suggesting changing the school? No. I'm just showing the similarities in the spell design and mechanic

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
dayerider on Mar 1, 2021 wrote:
Ok, I've been finally using this spell a bit for a fight, and came to the realization that this spell's functionality should be fire and not life. Why do I say that? Simple:

Link
Damage 30 + 150 damage/3 rounds & 15 + 105 healing/3 rounds

Power Link

Damage 55 + 345 damage/3 rounds & 40 + 240 healing/3 Rounds

Wings of Fate
Damage 75 + 375 damage/3 rounds to enemies & 75 + 780 healing/3 Rounds to all allies

This would actually be an awesome spell for Fire. Am I suggesting changing the school? No. I'm just showing the similarities in the spell design and mechanic
The reason it's a good fit for Life is because of the secondary effect, Healing.

The reason Links are good for Fire is the Damage, I see they need Damage Buffs though.

There is another spell that does the same single hit effect as Link for Life called Brulee Sucre.
60+435, 120+750 Heal

I actually hope Brulee Sucre becomes a trained spell someday, perhaps to give Fire some new utility...
It could have a Triage or Guidance spell?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
JValhalla on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
The reason it's a good fit for Life is because of the secondary effect, Healing.

The reason Links are good for Fire is the Damage, I see they need Damage Buffs though.

There is another spell that does the same single hit effect as Link for Life called Brulee Sucre.
60+435, 120+750 Heal

I actually hope Brulee Sucre becomes a trained spell someday, perhaps to give Fire some new utility...
It could have a Triage or Guidance spell?
Yes, but life already has soo many heals by that point that it doesnt need yet another. Also, the fact that it's an over time spell makes it worth less (not worthless). If both the damage and healing were in one hit/heal, it would be MUCH better.

The fire Link spells are kind of meh though. They do bad healing and bad damage. If they were AoE, that would be different, but as a single hit spell, I'd rather cats Fire Elf then Sprite and get much more bang for the buck.

Let's do a pip evaluation:
Fire Elf is 2 pips for 310 total damage over 3 rounds
Sprite is 1 pip 300 healing over 3 rounds
Link is 180 Damage over 3 rounds plus 120 healing over 3 rounds for 2 pips

2 Link (4 pips) for 360 Damage over 3 rounds plus 204 healing over 3 rounds
2 Fire Elf (4 pips) for 620 total damage over "6 rounds"

4 Sprite (4 pips) for 600 healing over "6 rounds"

or, another combination would be:

2 Link (4 pips) for 360 Damage over 3 rounds plus 204 healing over 3 rounds

1 Fire Elf (2 pips) for 310 total damage over 3 rounds
2 Sprite (2 pips) 600 healing over "6 rounds"

So, 3 times as much healing and almost the same damage for the same pip cost.

Yes, they absolutely need to be changed around some to make sense to be useful.

PIP wise is the only way Link makes out in the deal. Damage and Healing wise, Fire Elf + Sprite kill it. For 1 more pip, it does CLOSE to double the damage, AND almost triple the healing. Power Link of course you get later. This really more feels like a Fire spell than a Life spell, simply because of the mechanic, and that it is a natural progression for the DoT/HoT expansion; self /1 enemy, self/1 enemy, then all allies/enemies.

While I am NOT advocating to change the spell to fire, if they DID, the Eternal Leviathan would be much better to put in it's place. Eternal Leviathan is that cheat spell in the Spirit of Darkmoor fight on the Upper Halls. It's 8 pips, hits one target for 545 Damage to 1 target, then heals your whole team 320 in one shot. This is the replacement spell I would LOVE to see instead of Wings of Fate. Heck, I hope we can learn it anyhow and hopefully NOT as a shadow enhanced spell.

Brulee Sucree would make an interesting 3rd tier DoT/HoT fire spell doing 495 Damage over 3 rounds and healing 870 over 3 rounds. For 6 pips, that's good.