Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Moon Shift (98) Spells and pip cost

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2021
Howdy, for quite some time I've notice that like mana burn, moon spells or any spells of that nature do not adapt to the power pip rule without a mastery amulet with the exception of moon. Even so using these spells while having 3 power pip(6 pips total) would cause them to use up all 6 pips instead of 3 pips as the description noted.

If the purpose of deck building per say is of diverse mechanics, then shouldn't players be allowed to use these spells effectively? Is there any chance that players who wants to focus on the moon aspect of shifts spells be giving the opportunity of having a mastery amulet over moon? And would that not incentivized players to get these amulet weather by crowns or rare drop?

I'm not trying to be bias here because of my name, but I am one of the few players in wiz who wants to see this happen.

Both star and sun spells are uniquely popular and frequently used, they also stand out as being very effective in both pve and pvp. Moon school however in some aspect only shift green oak has been the most overused spell of the moon school to this day.

So I truly would like to say on behalf of players who wants to see this happen. Show moon school some love that's not related to beastmoon events.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I definitely agree. Moon is a really interesting school but sadly, it rarely gets updated. Shift spells are barely used nowadays and there's almost no point to use any polymorph spells. A Moon mastery amulet would at least make shift spells more viable.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the best use for the Shift spells, as they stand now, are for something that KI will never do; allow us to craft our own school wands with a may cast shift spell. There's already crown wands that do this, which is why they wont cut into their own profit (even though they do less damage than the wand shift spells)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I think letting people have moon mastery could be risky. Shifts were balanced around not being able to use power pips.