Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battles not being the only completely interactive thing

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
To make the game a bit more interesting I thought of making some other interactions like, in Grizzleheim at one point you play this board game(looks like something similar to chess), and you will automatically win. But it would be cool if you actually played it. Since you already learned some tips from the wolf dude, the game could give you tips for good moves, so you have a better chance of winning. Or when you are on the ship that goes to borealis peak maybe when you are starting the engine you have to do an Among Us style task, connect wires, turn on electricity etc. And same in Pirate101.

Also I have an idea of having your wizard saying something back at the enemy. For example the enemy says, "Welcome to Your Defeat" and then you say "But you are already in it, ha," in like a sort of young voice. It would just be like a cool add on.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Is this a good idea?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I don't know it's hit or miss.

In Empyrea they make you do a Lava Lock minigame. That is fun and I enjoyed that. I wouldn't mind seeing that again. Currently, you only can play it as part of that mainline story quest in Empyrea or if you have the LavaLock Arcade Housing Item.

They also have you do a Dance Game (like the pet game), it was okay. It's kind of funny, but I could take it or leave it. It apparently is also available as a housing item that can either be purchased for crowns or crafted.

Finally, they also have Whirly Burley. I absolutely do not like this and feel like it is a huge waste of resources. I'm sure some people like it, but I just feel like too many resources were devoted to this, that could have been used elsewhere. It also annoys me that it's only available in Empyrea so your average Free-to-Play Players who likely would use this can not easily do so as it's locked behind a paywall. I do think that it has potential. Perhaps if there was a Kiosk added to the Arena or somewhere in Wizard City or a way that allowed players to go Empyrea's Velo City to play.

So to answer your question.... It depends. If it adds to the story for that quest AND is available to players to replay AND is fun then yes. Your specific suggestions idk would have to see a mock up.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
exp613 on Feb 10, 2021 wrote:
I don't know it's hit or miss.

In Empyrea they make you do a Lava Lock minigame. That is fun and I enjoyed that. I wouldn't mind seeing that again. Currently, you only can play it as part of that mainline story quest in Empyrea or if you have the LavaLock Arcade Housing Item.

They also have you do a Dance Game (like the pet game), it was okay. It's kind of funny, but I could take it or leave it. It apparently is also available as a housing item that can either be purchased for crowns or crafted.

Finally, they also have Whirly Burley. I absolutely do not like this and feel like it is a huge waste of resources. I'm sure some people like it, but I just feel like too many resources were devoted to this, that could have been used elsewhere. It also annoys me that it's only available in Empyrea so your average Free-to-Play Players who likely would use this can not easily do so as it's locked behind a paywall. I do think that it has potential. Perhaps if there was a Kiosk added to the Arena or somewhere in Wizard City or a way that allowed players to go Empyrea's Velo City to play.

So to answer your question.... It depends. If it adds to the story for that quest AND is available to players to replay AND is fun then yes. Your specific suggestions idk would have to see a mock up.
What resources for Whirly Burley? But like for my examples, when you are in that penguins ship, sailing to borealis peak, it would be cool to do a Among Us connecting wire task instead of pressing X. Or that Wintertusk chess-like game, you actually have to play it. In Pirate101, maybe sometimes you have to, climb to the crow's nest and do a sort of parkour thing and pull some rope or whatever by dragging your mouse down the screen, just so its not to repetitive, like "oh some baddies stole this, by the way, go retrive it, ok now we can give you key, now use the key. to got the dungeon to get supplies, until you get the big staff that will let you go to the final boss to defeat him" with the sort of, do this for this so you can do this for this so you can do this for this so you can do this fo-, you get the point. And every time you have to "do this" you need to fight, instead of you usually have to fight but sometimes there is some cool parkour-ish game or drag your mouse game or pull levers game, that sort of thing. Sorry if it is hard to read.