Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player-Based Economy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm proposing an idea to make a player-based economy in the game. Instead of hoarding Empower TCs and trading them as if they are currency, we would have a system where players can sell their "goods" for gold directly. A player could set up their own little tent where other players could come up to interact with in order to view the items that the player is selling.

There would need to be a few changes that would allow for this type of system to function. First, there would need to be an area where players had enough room to set up their tents alongside all the other players who would be interested. My suggestion would be to have an area branch off from the shopping district (or Olde Town or even a small teleporter in those areas) that resembles a large plaza with a big open area available for players to set up their little shops.

Second, the gold cap would most certainly need to be increased by a very considerable amount. I would argue that the cap should be infinite (or close to it), but there could be success with a cap that is significantly larger than the one we have now.

Third, items that are currently "no auction" (there would be a few exceptions, for example, you shouldn't be able to sell the Sword of Kings), should be able to be sold. The items would be everything from fish to reagents to TCs to gear. Other items, such as crowns items only available through purchase with crowns or bundles, should not be available to sell. The only crowns items available for trade should be those that are able to be farmed in the game already. Aside from that, the only variable should be what value the player places on what items they decide to sell.

So, I would have suggested an "auction house" where players can do essentially what I've just described, but all of the offers are consolidated instead of in individual player tents. However, this sort of already exists in the Bazaar. The difference being that the prices are set and do not change (there is slight variation, but those numbers are also unchanging) and the player cannot choose any piece of gear or reagent or what have you they would like to sell.

I just think this would add a new element to the game that would create more involvement between players in the community and less reliance on using TCs, among other things, as currency.