Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical problems?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2017
I’ve been questing through Marleybone on my lvl 25 death character. I’m using a pet which gives me 89 critical. Sometimes I crit, but when I do, some mobs and bosses don’t receive x2 damage. Is that a bug? Do they have block rating?

I think the new critical system is currently bugged, but I want to have an answer for that

Survivor
May 27, 2016
For the last three weeks or so whenever I try to use the Fairy spell and critical, I don't get double the health. At first I was getting just 520 health, then it went to 490 and now is 498 when I critical. Prior to three weeks ago I was getting double the health, so what happened?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I think the developers should assess this situation because myself and multiple others have experienced similar situations with our spells. I'm playing fire, just bought a level 50 potion today, and i've noticed how when I critical a Meteor or a dragon, only one of the creatures i'll fight gets the extra damage, and moreso it's almost like it takes all the damage it WOULD have from the critical of the others, for instance, a meteor did 426 to one celestian fire minion, but then 1200 to the other. and that's with them resisting fire (and a fire blade). But it's almost as if the damage for the critical on the first minion, was carried over to the other minion and just added itself onto that one.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I am currently a lvl 57 questing in GH and I am running into the same problem. Not only does the minion get the double and the boss doesn't, but when I am just questing and have to defeat two minions during a fight it only chooses one of them to crit.

Survivor
May 27, 2016
I have been having the same problem. At first I thought it was because I had a buff on that I had forgotten about, but even I am not that forgetful. It is definitely a bug of some sort.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2015
Whenever I critical my healing current on my 130 storm, I don't get any bonus healing most of the time. The max that it gets with the enchant is around 2100, but I have inc/out healing too. I am not sure if it's a bug or the critical on heals is just like 30% or even less now.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I have also been having this problem on every one of my wizards and many of my friends have dealt with this too. I'm surprised nothing has been done about it yet but hopefully they will address the problem soon.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2020
I'm having issues too, pretty sure it's effecting all my crits but it's most noticeable with the aoe spells, in which the first one get 500 something damage but then the second gets 1200 something.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
critical no longer is a solid x2 damage or heal in the new system, although annoying, this is not a bug