Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Free Hatching Potion fizzle (Snake Oil?)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Apparently I received the snake oil version of the "Next Hatch Free" potion during the previous Pet Promenade. A little while ago one of my wizards (Taryn Windsong) saw a nice dragon in the Hatching kiosk (featured for hatching day) but I was short on gold so I swigged my one and only, carefully hoarded Next Hatch Free potion and then immediately opened the kiosk, clicked on the pet - and was told I did not have enough gold for him. I went back to my backpack, but the NHF potion had been removed from my inventory.

-Michael

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Regretfully, it has happened to me a second time, with a different wizard on my second account.

I hoarded these potions carefully since the last Pet Promenade. I am full of woe that they have been wasted! None of my other wizards dare use theirs now.

-Michael

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
That is awful! I am so sorry to hear that. I am curious to see how KI will respond.
I used a next hatch free potion for the first time on Tuesday night and it worked fine.
I used the potion, clicked ok on the warning that it could not be undone, then when I approached the hatch
kiosk it said cost to hatch FREE. I hope you get resolution on this.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks, NC.

My wife used one about the same time I had the first one fizzle - it worked for her. But having lost two in a row, I don't want to use any more until there is some resolution. I have used them successfully in the past, so this problem is new for me.

-Michael