Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Strategy to Solo the Jamburglar for Death Wizards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Since many people have asked about a good method to farm the Jamburglar, here's one for solo Death Wizards.

Major Cheats

For those that don't know the cheats, here are the ones that matter:
  • First turn: The Jamburglar will say "I'm so sneaky and evil" and will cheat cast a Mana Burn that deals no damage and removes all of your pips, will cast a 99 turn version of Impede (which causes you to gain no pips), will give you 7 power pips, and stuns you.
  • After the second turn: The Jamburglar will say "Prepare to be Jamburgled!" and cheat cast a shadow Power Nova that bypasses resists that deals about ~1,050 to you and deal 1,100 damage to himself.

Stats

For this fight, I recommend 120+% death damage, at least ~30% universal resistance, and at least 700 critical rating. Power pips don't matter at all for this fight.

Gear
I used this set but you can use variations of it:
  • Hat: Death Lord's Veil of Woe (Dragoon's Deadly Helm should work as well)
  • Robe: Death Lord's Cloak of Woe (Baleful Light Brigade Armor is better)
  • Boots: Deathly Paradox Boots (Dragoon's Deadly Boots are better)
  • Wand: All Souls Cranium Wand (any wand above 16% damage is good for this like the Deathly Liaison's Sword)
  • Athame: Lord of Death's Razor (Mercy of Shadow and Light is slightly better)
  • Amulet: Death Seeker's Talisman
  • Ring: Deathly Liaison's Ring (Dragoon's Deadly Ring works but it has higher critical but less death damage)
  • Deck: Deathly Paradox Deck
  • A pet that is focused on damaging and criticals. Universal resistance is also very helpful. I recommend around 70 critical and at least 12+% damage.

This set has 6779 health, 129% death damage, 46% universal resistance, 16% accuracy (could socket an item to reach 20%), and 711 critical.

Deck
For this strategy, your deck should include:
  • 2 Sharpened Blades
  • 1 Potent Trap
  • 1 Epic
  • 3 Deathblades
  • 1 Feint
  • 1 Scion of Death
Note: You will be carrying 1 extra Sharpened Blade and 1 extra Deathblade in the rare case that the Jamburglar steals your blade. Don't sharpen the blade in case he steals the normal Deathblade you'll end up using.

Battle
Here's what you should do turn by turn:
  • First turn: Use your sun enhancements. However, leave 1 Sharpened Blade and 1 Deathblade in case a blade gets stolen later in the fight. Pass since you'll be stunned anyways.
  • Second turn: Use either the Potent Feint or the Sharpened Deathblade. If he has a high amount of pips, use the Sharpened Deathblade.
  • Third turn: Use the normal Deathblade or whatever you didn't use in the previous round.
  • Fourth turn: Use either of the 2 cards above that you didn't use the previous round.
  • Fifth turn: Use Epic Scion of Death. This will have to critical in order for you to win. Make sure you use this while you're under 33% health (for the set I used, you have to have less than 2,258 health).
Now, this doesn't work 100% of the time but out of the 11 tries I've done so far, it's worked 8 times. 2 times it failed because I didn't critical and 1 time because I got stunned. I plan on doing more farming on the Jamburglar using this strategy to see what he drops. If anyone has any better suggestions, then please post them in the comments below.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
How much pierce do you have? Shadow enemies seem to resist most/all schools except balance, so having good pierce might negate the need for a critical.

Survivor
May 25, 2013
I used this strat for when I did the quest solo, and I'm a 138 death with 149 damage, 602 critical, and 17 pierce. It definitely worked! I did:
1st round: passed
2nd round: sharp deathblade
3rd: potent feint
4th: sharp blade
5th: scion
Then again, I was able to do 2 deathblades since I have the dragoon gear.
With my stats as they are + a critical, I did 13k+ damage and hit the x2 at 2.3k health.
Definitely a strategy that can work if you have dragoon, and probably with what you had, as well!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Who gives the quest for this boss?

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Robobot1747 on Nov 23, 2020 wrote:
How much pierce do you have? Shadow enemies seem to resist most/all schools except balance, so having good pierce might negate the need for a critical.
I had 8% piercing. I forgot about mentioning that. Thanks for asking!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Charles Thundercoi... on Nov 26, 2020 wrote:
Who gives the quest for this boss?
Pretty sure it's Nana in Sweetzburg.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I just fought him solo on my fire wiz. I used two potent feints, one sharp fireblade, and Artorious to defeat him on round five. Based on some of the other battles I thought there would be a badge for defeating him but I did not receive one. Anyone else get a badge from him?

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
helenwheels on Dec 4, 2020 wrote:
I just fought him solo on my fire wiz. I used two potent feints, one sharp fireblade, and Artorious to defeat him on round five. Based on some of the other battles I thought there would be a badge for defeating him but I did not receive one. Anyone else get a badge from him?
No he doesn't give a badge sadly.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I added an extra Deathblade TC and this worked beautifully!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
stevp on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:
No he doesn't give a badge sadly.
Actually, I recently learned that the Jamburglar gives badges. I was incorrect. Here's the 2 badges:

Took a Bite Out of Crime

Drawless Victory

This info was taken from the Wizard101 Central wiki: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Badges#Karamelle_Badges.