Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage and Health calculations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2014
So, the wizard101 team updated the damage and healing system. Which in my opinion, completely throws off the calculations in spell casts. For example, I am a lvl 90 fire wizard that has pretty bad resistance to all elements except my own. I am hit with a rank 6 spell that dealt 800 damage. My friend, who has the same terrible resistance is hit with the same spell and yet gets 2200 in damage. How does that work? Another example, I heal myself with a unicorn which gives me 350hp. My enemy casts a -25% infection spell, yet the hp the unicorn gives me is now 85. It should be 265, since it should be SUBTRACTING percentage, not multiplying.

It'd be more beneficial to players and the team themselves to remove whatever update this is as it's becoming ridiculous and unfair especially in cheating boss battles. I'd hate to see a game I grew up playing go into the gutter thanks to a few senseless updates.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The first one sounds like a critical and block thing, the second sounds like there was a doom and gloom up maybe.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2014
I really haven’t had the problems you mentioned and it is much easier to quest with this new update imo. Probably glitches but I’ve seen a ton of positive things that have came out of this update. No need to be salty about disregarding all the work the devs put into making the game sustainable. I honestly thing it is a MUCH NEEDED update so players now DO NOT RELY on critical (rng) to kill.

What I HAVE noticed is that sometimes there are glitches to hits where some mobs shouldn’t be hit with the damage they got. For example in the Final Fight in Karamelle, there is a Shadow mob and 2 balance mobs. The shadow mob takes the same damage as the first balance mob but the second balance mob takes less damage even though there were no tower shields in place. I suspect that the lesser damage the second balance mob took was supposed to be applied to the shadow mob since that has resistance to our regular attacks and not the balance mobs (I was using a storm wizard). I think these “glitches” also have been affecting a lot of players (personally I haven’t) so it would be cool if you guys could look into this.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
As for the whole damage thing, it sounds like the enemy got a critical, and you blocked it while your friend didn't. Crits and blocks have been going wild since the last update.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
All calculations in this game can be summed up in 2 words - 'Wiz Math'.