Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Rating: Heals and Multiple Opponents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Under the new crit/block system, the probability and effectiveness of critical hits are determined by opponent block. The article about it was very good, but left two questions open that have come up in recent days. Does anyone have insights here?

1. How is crit handled in the case of multiple opponents, e.g. in a 4v4? The crit may damage opponents differently, but what factors go into determining whether a crit happens (e.g. are opponent ratings averaged)?
2. How about critical healing? Is it just an absolute percentage chance to crit, and always 2x healing?

Survivor
Jan 28, 2017
Galen Swiftbreeze on Nov 22, 2020 wrote:
Under the new crit/block system, the probability and effectiveness of critical hits are determined by opponent block. The article about it was very good, but left two questions open that have come up in recent days. Does anyone have insights here?

1. How is crit handled in the case of multiple opponents, e.g. in a 4v4? The crit may damage opponents differently, but what factors go into determining whether a crit happens (e.g. are opponent ratings averaged)?
2. How about critical healing? Is it just an absolute percentage chance to crit, and always 2x healing?
Hi Galen,

After spending a lot of hours playing under this new system, I have to say I'm not a fan of it either. I can answer your questions though!

1. Like the old system and some components in the current (resist, pierce, shields, etc.) are all personal. When you critical a hit (which you do basically every time now ), it will affect each person differently. After fighting through Karamelle, I noticed that bosses tend to take less damage from a critical hit than mobs. This is because they have a higher block rating in their stats.

2. Critical healing has stayed the same for me. The only difference is now that you basically critical everything, healing will almost always be 2x for higher-leveled Life wizards. This is why people have been saying Jade Healer is the new PvP meta because your healing output is so much higher now at high levels.

I hope this answered your questions, if you have any more please don't be afraid to ask!

Jesse 140