Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2019
Hello everyone! This is my first post on the Message Boards, so I'm sorry if I somehow do something wrong on this!

I've noticed a bug that prevents the player from advancing in quests and/or dungeons by not revealing a mystery, or not counting battles (This can stop doors from opening or keep quest items from being dropped). If you're in a boss fight, this bug occurs when you kill the boss but have to flee or die before killing the minion(s). Once you get back into the fight, the minion(s) should still be there, but not the boss. You'll notice that the objective still says "Defeat (Boss Name)". The problem is, there is no boss to defeat anymore. Instead, when you defeat the minion(s), nothing will happen. A door will stay closed or a clue won't appear. I've had this happen twice, once in Krokotopia's "Vault of Ice" and Dragonspyre's "Edrik's Vault". This bug can also happen in normal minion fights inside of dungeons, where all you have is two enemies, neither of them are a boss. This happens the same way as fights with a boss. An example of this is a tower dungeon that has multiple floors. Battles aren't counted as "wins" unless you defeat both minions in the same fight, so, doors that require you to "win" the fight won't open and you have to restart the entire dungeon.

I'm not sure if any of you have experienced this issue, but it's extremely annoying and I haven't found anything to fix this, if you have this issue let me know!

Administrator
Alyntrix on May 16, 2020 wrote:
Hello everyone! This is my first post on the Message Boards, so I'm sorry if I somehow do something wrong on this!

I've noticed a bug that prevents the player from advancing in quests and/or dungeons by not revealing a mystery, or not counting battles (This can stop doors from opening or keep quest items from being dropped). If you're in a boss fight, this bug occurs when you kill the boss but have to flee or die before killing the minion(s). Once you get back into the fight, the minion(s) should still be there, but not the boss. You'll notice that the objective still says "Defeat (Boss Name)". The problem is, there is no boss to defeat anymore. Instead, when you defeat the minion(s), nothing will happen. A door will stay closed or a clue won't appear. I've had this happen twice, once in Krokotopia's "Vault of Ice" and Dragonspyre's "Edrik's Vault". This bug can also happen in normal minion fights inside of dungeons, where all you have is two enemies, neither of them are a boss. This happens the same way as fights with a boss. An example of this is a tower dungeon that has multiple floors. Battles aren't counted as "wins" unless you defeat both minions in the same fight, so, doors that require you to "win" the fight won't open and you have to restart the entire dungeon.

I'm not sure if any of you have experienced this issue, but it's extremely annoying and I haven't found anything to fix this, if you have this issue let me know!
An excellent description of the issue, thanks Alyntrix! Is this every boss fight? You describe two key instances, any others since then?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2019
Sparck on May 18, 2020 wrote:
An excellent description of the issue, thanks Alyntrix! Is this every boss fight? You describe two key instances, any others since then?
I'm not sure about other dungeons, and I haven't had any other problems with this since I haven't been questing as often because my recipes have been bothering me, but that's a different issue. I do believe this could happen in any dungeon but I haven't taken the time to test it, thanks!

While I'm here, I don't have any other bugs but would there be any way for you guys to delete all my recipes? I sent an email asking but haven't gotten a response. If this is possible, the account name is Alyntrix and the character is a level 47 balance, Logan DuneStrider, thanks!