Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Block in Avalon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2015
Hi,

I'm a Level 76 Balance wizard in Avalon.
I'm currently using the Waterworks boots, hat and robe, Quagga blade, Ring of wolf lore, Lexicon blade and Troll ear pendant. So far I've basically ignored the critical stat because my strategy for bosses is a bladed Judgement one hit kill, and it doesn't matter if it crits anyway.
I've just made it to the Wild and I'm noticing that Avalon bosses critical a LOT. So with my current gear I have Balance critical rating of 101 (that's an abysmal 11%) and I 93 universal Critical block ( but that's only 14%)
So my question is what am I missing out on? I thought the WW gear was the best for my level, but it's becoming increasingly apparent that I don't have enough Critical block. Do I need to change my gear, or is my block rating okay and I should change my strategy?

Thanks in advance

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Unfortunately due to critical decay your block is just going to go lower and lower.

However, there are a few options that aren't subject to decay like block is, namely increasing your universal resist through having a double resist pet, using tower shields or treasure card fortify.

Or if you're really desperate for block rating, use treasure card conviction for 25% block rate and 95% stun resist, but I would honestly go with fortify since it'll block more damage in the end.

I've also heard of Avalon shoes that give block, I've never tried them myself but they're legendary artisan crafting boots sold by a Leprechaun NPC in The Wild named Shane MacGobhann.