Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible Bug with damage "blow back" from shadow spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Just noticed this tonight when someone was using shadow sentinel and I was using Shadow Seraph. The damage blow back started at 40% - which I believe was part of the new update. In my case, after consecutively casting healing for 3 rounds, the damage dropped down to 10% (instead of zero). However, my character had about 6800 health. Instead of dealing me about 680 damage (10% of my health), it dealt almost 3000 ! Hold Up ! Something is definitely wrong with that amount of blow back damage !

I saw a similar thing happen to the person using Shadow Sentinel. I think they broke something in the update. It almost looks like the damage is starting at 70% (though it is displaying 40% at beginning of spell), and then at end, you actually don't receive 10% but actually 70% - 30% or 40% of your health total in damage (assuming that you healed each round to bring the damage down by 10% each round).

So please check your code. I think your programmers failed to do the math.

Also, what is the point of making the shadow spell give blow back damage at all if you satisfy the requirements each round to bring it down to zero blow back? I mean I am now leery about using the shadow spell at all if I am going to get damage regardless of what I do.

Also, I was in the battle with Omen Stribog when I made these observations. It did affect Omen too. His health went from 40K to 20K during the blow back in one round. Now, I am all for bosses taking lots of damage and all, but seeing Omen lose that much in a single round from the blow back made the battle a lot less enjoyable. Rethink this please.