Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updated Trading Potential

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
So, the trading system in Wizard101 in my opinion is flawed compared to some other games I have played. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and will continue to play it regardless, but I feel like there is something that could be addressed to make the game a bit more fun and less frustrating for some players. The potential to actually trade gold and items with other players. I know this system would take a bit of time to develop but I think it is worth exploring and perhaps, if it is not right for certain age groups for whatever reason (One of my friends said that might be an issue, which I don't personally understand) then make it exclusive to open chat players, as they have proven they are legal adults and should have no problem with such things.

Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback, thank you for your time!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2016
I agree with this idea. Nowadays, decorating homes fully is difficult without crowns or packs. Most of the time, players only trade tc for gold or questing requests. It would be interesting to see this idea be brought to life in a summer or fall update.

The new trading system could follow a set of rules, such as fair trades, no rudeness, etc. Trades, like usual, could be accepted or declined if there are unfair amounts of items. Gold trading could have a minimum or maximum amount. That way, players can trade whatever they like and hopefully get what they want.
Looking forward to see where this goes.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jared Dragonstone on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
So, the trading system in Wizard101 in my opinion is flawed compared to some other games I have played. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and will continue to play it regardless, but I feel like there is something that could be addressed to make the game a bit more fun and less frustrating for some players. The potential to actually trade gold and items with other players. I know this system would take a bit of time to develop but I think it is worth exploring and perhaps, if it is not right for certain age groups for whatever reason (One of my friends said that might be an issue, which I don't personally understand) then make it exclusive to open chat players, as they have proven they are legal adults and should have no problem with such things.

Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback, thank you for your time!
I like the idea of being able to trade items, ie, gold, reagent especially.

I think what your friend may have been getting at, is virtually, there are players who would take advantage of a player the thought was a child. Regardless how the restrictions would be placed, there are some kids that have open chat as well as some adults that have chosen to use Text only. It would be a bit difficult to distinguish between them for that reason.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
The trading system is designed to prevent exploitation from bad actors in the game. It is fulfilling its intended purpose.

Without giving aid to those bad actors, i do think it would be interesting to look at trading reagents with other players. If only to keep them inside a closed loop for the intended player that's asking for them.

I don't support trading gold or items in any way because that's the exploitation the system is trying to prevent.

I run dual accounts so i say this fully understanding how trading gold and/or items between accounts could be beneficial but I also see a lot of bad actors who would try to game the system from unknowing players just for the benefits of being allowed to be a troll.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Spell Weaver22 on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
The trading system is designed to prevent exploitation from bad actors in the game. It is fulfilling its intended purpose.

Without giving aid to those bad actors, i do think it would be interesting to look at trading reagents with other players. If only to keep them inside a closed loop for the intended player that's asking for them.

I don't support trading gold or items in any way because that's the exploitation the system is trying to prevent.

I run dual accounts so i say this fully understanding how trading gold and/or items between accounts could be beneficial but I also see a lot of bad actors who would try to game the system from unknowing players just for the benefits of being allowed to be a troll.
I run dual accounts as well but that does not mean that what I need on one account is on the other. In fact the one reagent I do need is not on either of my accounts.

Since some reagents are tied to Events or PvP and Daily Assignments, they are not readily available. Not everyone likes those events. Some items should not even be in a recipe if it is not available to all.