Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is getting Feint worth it? (for a Balance wizard)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2015
Hello, I am a level 38 Balance wizard currently doing Mooshu. I don't have any regular questing buddies although I do team up sometimes for the big dungeons. I haven't really had any trouble soloing so far. I'm also farming Olympus for the zeus gear and making progress.

I've trained Fire spells up to Phoenix but I keep reading on the forum that I absolutely need to get Feint if I'm gonna get through the higher level bosses. I'm willing to spend crowns to get back my training points. So the question is, should I go ahead and get Feint.

I also wouldn't mind any suggestions on bosses to farm, gear to get and any other tips.

Thanks in advance!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Learning Feint is more than worth it, especially as a balance.

The spell will greatly assist in combos and preparing for finishing hits, especially against bosses.

Highly recommend!

I also recommend you purchase your training points back as you have no reason to train at all.

Please also avoid the school as you will be equipped with healing spells of your own (Helping Hands & Available Hands).

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Getting feint is essential for Balance whether you are supporting a team or soling, you need it to increase your damage.

Best advice is train Ice to Tower Shield, Death to Feint then Astral spells in Celestia and above.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Yes Feint is worth it.

Whether your support or DD feint is a must along with Potent trap & sharpened blade when available to you.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
Train feint for sure on all wizards, essential!

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
LordArtix2002 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
Hello, I am a level 38 Balance wizard currently doing Mooshu. I don't have any regular questing buddies although I do team up sometimes for the big dungeons. I haven't really had any trouble soloing so far. I'm also farming Olympus for the zeus gear and making progress.

I've trained Fire spells up to Phoenix but I keep reading on the forum that I absolutely need to get Feint if I'm gonna get through the higher level bosses. I'm willing to spend crowns to get back my training points. So the question is, should I go ahead and get Feint.

I also wouldn't mind any suggestions on bosses to farm, gear to get and any other tips.

Thanks in advance!
In my opinion, at level 38, a Balance wizard can get by with just TC feints.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
no, feint isnt worth it as much as people say, BUT, the caveat is that it depends on your gaming style.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Feint is power. Great power. The person who said it wasnt important
probably doesnt have people begging him to be a part of their group
because they are so awesome.

Professor Hoard pack has a great hat. It has a mass feint.
That means it will lay a feint on ALL enemies.

As a balance you are a utility, a person that can make everyone in your group
more effective monumentally.

There are certain spells that you can combine feints.

Chimera for example. If you have your blade, your single hit would use 3 feints
if the feints are there that spell will utilize all 3 feints. Meaning your Balance Wizard
could do 30,000 and more damage with that one single hit. Therefore you are actually
way more powerful than you think you are and just need to think out of the box.
That spell alone will use the one cast full set of spirit blade you train from Niles the Tree dude in Krok.
Essentially, once you learn how to lay your feints and traps, you, yes you balance wizard can essentially
solo a great many thing and be a wizard that people say, "We need Him/Her in our group big time!".

You can lay 3 types of feints normally.
Spell learned Feint
Item feint (Dworgyn Hat)
Treasure card feint.

When your in a group and carry all three types you use a very small deck of 3 - 4 normal feint, the hat feint, Blades for your group, a rescue heal, (Train Life to Satyr Always),one reshuffle just in case and shut off all your wand hits but one.

Wand hit will waste the feints. The tiny deck will make your hats mass feint come up quick and feint and blade your team.

To go one step further, feint will put a trap on you with everyone you use.
So one great way to make it so the enemy doesn't use that to their advantage is
to use an empower that will bust all your traps doing minimal damage and giving you pips.
So if you have laid your feints and can cast an empower you just rocked and rolled the enemy
and saved yourself in the process!

Feints are powerful. Anyone that says they are not has never won a chess match in their life.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2016
As a death wizard who learned feint pretty early, it would have been difficult for me to get by in dungeons that need at least 3 people. Why? because they all ask me to supply feints lol. Kinda off topic but it shows that if you have feint it can really help be part of the team, even if you aren't the healer or hitter.

I don't have any other wizards yet besides my death, but from what I know, using feint on your balance would really help in making sure the opponent is dead or at least significantly injured that way you don't need another pip-heavy spell to take them out.
But if you don't want to waste your training points, buy tc feint cards, they usually have higher percentages.
Ex: standard feint: 70% damage to opponent, 30 to self.
If feint comes with your pet, amulet, etc: usually as 80% damage and 40 to self.
treasure card is 75% to opponent and 25% to self. So you get the average damage percentage but the lowest to self. Also correct me if I'm wrong on this lol.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
In adition to traing Feint I'd recommend farming for (balance only amulet level 25) Dalai Lamba's Harmony Vial. . You can then stack this item card Feint on trained Feint but TC versions and later Potent Trap versions, additionally you can get an extra blade to stack too! Adds much power for killing bosses!

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Dalai_Lamba%27s_Harmony_Vial

Survivor
Oct 08, 2010
I think it is worth having feint. Balance needs to be useful in lots of ways.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
AtomGrounder on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:

if the feints are there that spell will utilize all 3 feints. Meaning your Balance Wizard
could do 30,000 and more damage with that one single hit. Therefore you are actually
That spell alone will use the one cast full set of spirit blade you train from Niles the Tree dude in Krok.
Essentially, once you learn how to lay your feints and traps, you, yes you balance wizard can essentially
solo a great many thing and be a wizard that people say, "We need Him/Her in our group big time!".

Spell learned Feint
Item feint (Dworgyn Hat)
Treasure card feint.

When your in a group and carry all three types you use a very small deck of 3 - 4 normal feint, the hat feint, Blades for your group, a rescue heal, (Train Life to Satyr Always),one reshuffle just in case and shut off all your wand hits but one.

Wand hit will waste the feints. The tiny deck will make your hats mass feint come up quick and feint and blade your team.

to use an empower that will bust all your traps doing minimal damage and giving you pips.
So if you have laid your feints and can cast an empower you just rocked and rolled the enemy

Feints are powerful. Anyone that says they are not has never won a chess match in their life.
actually, you can lay 5 feints as I recall (somebody will correct me if Im wrong though):

Trained, Potent, TC, and then the two from THIS WEBPAGE.

Also, why not use Dark pact instead of Empower? Get an extra blade out of the mix too

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
AtomGrounder on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:

Spell learned Feint
Item feint (Dworgyn Hat)
Treasure card feint.

(quoted text) Feint is power. Great power. The person who said it wasnt important probably doesnt have people begging him to be a part of their group because they are so awesome.

atomgrounder, elitism is not needed on these forums. The original posted asked a question, and I responded with my point of view. If you read my full statement, you'll notice I also said that it depends on your playing style. As somebody who has a questing partner, I don't need to stack feints, however, my point on Feint is valid, and it is not NEEDED for everybody. Does it help deal high amounts of damaged when used properly? Absolutely, but that does not negate my opinion. It's just that, an opinion.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I'm going to agree that your opinion is valid.

The original question doesn't ask for opinion or validation nor does it ask
for you and I to argue. I apologize if I took your opinion and tossed it out.

The original person that posted asked, if as a balance wizard, playing solo, is feint worth it.

He didn't state he had a group. He stated as a solo balance wizard.

So I choose to help and ask you for advice that is better to his actual
question that he asked, instead of an off side opinion and instead
we that have experience like you and I who know his question properly
answer it based on the math and the truth of the math for his question
as it was asked.

A balance wizard who is solo wants to know if getting feint is worth it.

He stated how he played, you didn't read it fully and did not comprehend.

Now, Go read his post again slowly, understand what he is saying and with some humility
you can simply say that the answer to his question is Yes.

Feint is worth it for being a Solo Balance Wizard. Feint is power. Let's end it there because this
was not to be an argument or opinion, but an answer to whether feint was beneficial to his playing
style.

It is. Yes. Feint is worth it.