Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Guide] Pet Happiness and Talent Tokens -FB

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Jeremy goes over the two new additions to pets in this update, happiness and talent tokens. What do you think of these new systems and their impact on the pet environment?https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/pet-happiness-talent-tokens/

Writer, administrator, and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It would help a lot of players understand what is happening with pets if they were given the information that is posted in Final Bastion.

Not all players have access to the main message boards and therefore are not aware that others can supply that info.

Even though I am not in the least bit happy with Pets being tampered with for any reason, at least by being a member, I do have the option of checking for more info. Many players do not have that option.

There are many on Wizard101 Central that are just as unhappy about this as I am. Most of us could care less about the Happiness bar. Yes, it allows us to use up low ranking pet snacks but we prefer to sell those for additional gold when hatching or for other purposes. The increased experience starting with Epic isn't going over well with any player. Now I am seeing "Talent Tokens" that just plain don't make any sense except to BUY locked talents or "Will Cast" talents. Again, not worth it. Maybe PvP players like this idea but why is this being pushed on a community that prefers the pet system to remain as it is in Live now?

The pet system has been the one facet of the game that has been virtually BUG free. With all these changes, that will no longer be the case. What many of us see now is another broken aspect. The only one we could really rely on regardless how many times our pets failed.

I think community leaders should take the time to provide info to that platform as well. No matter how many times we ask for explanations, we are ignored. The very least that could be done is give the players more information if the Devs and other leaders want players to actually understand why these things are being done.. We see another money grab.

We need community leaders as well as staff/devs hear us. Take part in our discussions and either explain changes or support what the community prefers.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
where is the info for newest pet happiness etc..?

Administrator
pollygiia on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:
where is the info for newest pet happiness etc..?
See the update notes for all the details: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2020

Survivor
Feb 25, 2015
Can someone explain how to even use "Pet Tokens". It literally makes 0 sense to me

Survivor
Jun 18, 2014
Honestly, this new update is horrible. This update makes leveling your pet 100x harder. Also not to mention they have removed warlords wurst.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
Is this new pet update supposed to lure, excite, intrigue children into this game?

Seriously?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
capricieux 19 on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
Is this new pet update supposed to lure, excite, intrigue children into this game?

Seriously?
I agree, for a game meant for children to understand, this is awfully complicated...

Survivor
Dec 22, 2018
Survivor
May 11, 2011
I am frustrated with the pet update!

Please help and answer a few of my questions about all this:

1. How does an older level wizard get a hold of a pet that has the new talents in the gene pool? Will it look different on the information display?

2. Are the level 48 pets that were given out *prior* to this update edited to include the *new* stuff? How can we tell?
3. When will there be pets available in the kiosk that have the trained, combat and adventure talents that are listed at the kiosk as available. So far I have not found one pet that I can breed with for the talents.

I really want to *do* something with this new update besides just feed my pets and do pet games. I could have done all that before the update. I thought we would have special pet quests for the.

I just feel that there is nothing for me to actually do with this update.