Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tell me a bit about your class choice and why you decided on it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Hey everyone! The premise of this post is that I am going to boost a char to 50. I currently have a death and storm above 50 so those 2 are aside (although I haven't tried out the storm in a while.) What is a class you would of played when you started that you didn't think you would like? Example: I always thought myth but I don't know how it works aside from minions early on. I want to hear what everyone started as and if you changed. I would also like to hear what you enjoy about the class. Thank you for the advice.

p.s. Sorry if wrong forum. I couldn't figure out which to put it.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Matheyu on Feb 8, 2020 wrote:
Hey everyone! The premise of this post is that I am going to boost a char to 50. I currently have a death and storm above 50 so those 2 are aside (although I haven't tried out the storm in a while.) What is a class you would of played when you started that you didn't think you would like? Example: I always thought myth but I don't know how it works aside from minions early on. I want to hear what everyone started as and if you changed. I would also like to hear what you enjoy about the class. Thank you for the advice.

p.s. Sorry if wrong forum. I couldn't figure out which to put it.
I currently play on my Storm wizard, Brian Waterspear. To be honest with you, the only reason I initially chose him was because I was interested in Glowbug Squall. But now playing it comes naturally to me and I love using him.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2013
My first wizard was fire but that was because my brother picked it out for me. A long while later I had my first reason to pick a school, it was death. And I wanted to solo most of the time and don't have to wait a long time to fight with other players. I wanted to damage while stealing health. I always had a problem with healing which was interrupting my hits sometimes. A while later while I am level 70 I make another wizard. This time it was storm. I heard it was the most damaging school and I would be able to make quick hits. I didn't really think health would be a problem but it sure was a little later in mooshu. I liked to solo still but my health was just too low. Plus the "gambling" spells I would later on realize that I did not want those. I might come back to storm but maybe when I know even more about the game. Anyways I then wanted to go back to the old days because everything I wanted was on fire.

I had deleted my fire wizard already and then after realizing a bit later I could do training point buybacks. I was depressed a bit. After that I wanted to create a fire I would try to do anything dumb with him again. I created the fire. I knew I would like it. AOE's able to easily break shields, high health and high damage. But something was missing. I wanted to be helpful in teams. After gaining a bit more knowledge about the schools I wanted to create balance. There is a lot of opinions on balance. But I think its fun for me so far. Sorry I made this a bit of a story with 2 paragraphs lol. Hopefully this helps other wizards in any way. I have high hopes for balance and fire.