Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Don’t Understand How to Progress

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
I’m starting to get up there in terms of the enemies I’m fighting now and the worlds I’m exploring (MooShu and such) and I’m starting to struggle quite a lot. Normally, I would expect as much as I’ve just reached level 40 and I’m facing new bosses. My concern though comes from the fact that it seems like MOST players I come by that are my level (and even a few lower) are putting out damage far beyond what I am. Commonly fellow players around my level I see hit 900 to about 1500 damage on enemies and move on without much difficulty. However in an average battle with the best possible RNG of what I get in my hand, I’m lucky to strike anywhere between 400 to 700ish with my Phoenix and Fire Dragon (that one comes from my pet) spells. In PVP matches versus players around my level they can nearly take me out with 2-3 spells alone. I feel like there has to be something I’m not doing right in building my character or spell training and I want to try and fix it if possible. It just seems that I’m very underpowered and I’m open to any advice.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
This is a good guide for level 40 fire:

https://guidescroll.com/2013/12/wizard101-fire-pve-comprehensive-guide/

I would also suggest farming Mount Olympus for Zeus gear (the level 30 Aquila dungeon) and the Sky Iron wand.