Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Quests on Second Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
Hi all,

I have a level 51 life wizard now and I'm getting close to defeating Malistaire. Once I get Forest Lord I'm sure the game will pick up. I mostly solo right now and I've been doing every quest and side quest I get to level up as much as possible. I don't really care much about the story, I'm just doing these quests for the XP.

I'll be making a storm wizard soon and I'm not sure if I should keep doing what I've been doing. The side quests are tedious and I only do them to level up faster. I've heard you can reach max level just by doing the main quests anyway. The side quests in the first arc have been pretty boring so far but I heard they're worthwhile in the later arcs. Should I do all side quests on my next wizard like I have been, wait until the later arcs to do some side quests or just focus mostly on the main quests?

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
I began by doing all the side quests at first but found it to be mostly a waste of time. Main story line will progress your wizard a lot faster. The fighting takes the most time for the main story line and unless you are really over-leveled then it prolly wont be worth it. When it comes to exp then side quests are not worth it, but always do training points and spell reward quests. If you get stuck going solo just team up and push through.