Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Failing pet hatches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2019
Alright so I'm a level 61 death trying to get an Acid Rain Core from the pet kiosk and I've failed 17 times. Just keep getting Deer Knights and Wraiths i'm trying to hatch it with. Is there something i'm missing here? Getting pretty frustrated honestly lol any help would be appreciated.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome To The Forums!

Now, in all honesty, it just seems you've bad luck.

Non-Crowns Only Pets are usually much easier to obtain as opposed to those marked Crowns Only.

Hence,

My advice to you is basically to keep trying.

17 times is a high number to be consistently unsuccessful in gaining a pet through a hatch, but try to remain consistent in the pet you use.

Use either the Wraith OR the Deer Knight.

Ensure to consider talents and pet stats as well as these are extremely vital to making a successful partner.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Star's answer pretty solid, but I will throw a wild card out there for you. While I've never hit 17 consecutive tries failing to turn the pet I want, I've had my share of bad luck. One thing that I did was to use some totally different weak basic pet as the one I am putting in. That way hopefully, the other pet is 'dominant' (the one you actually want) and you get that type of egg. Perhaps by luck its worked for me in the past. If you get cherry red apple level frustrated with it, might want to try something like this. Maybe you'll get lucky too..

Good Luck.

Michael Legendhunter - Grandmaster Hatchmaker