Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Streamlining ideas to spells & their effects

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
We all enjoy the many spells we've been obtaining for years, but there's plenty that needed to be streamlined to reduce the Wizards' waiting time for their turn in duels. I do have thoughts on how that may be done.

1. The DoT spells that inflict damage/healing for each tick that appears for some spells & lasts for a few turns or so, all their ticks tied to their particular spell school should be streamlined so that no matter how many they've been placed, each spell type's stacked ticks will all inflict damage/healing at once in one turn instead of one at a time for each school's tick that's been stacked, to cut down several seconds between them, viewing the total amount within that type's tick. If some ticks last more than 3 turns, the previous ticks that lasted that long should disappear, leaving the remainder ticks to take their course, too.

2. The way the wards, traps, & so on should be changed so that no matter which school they're from, their type based on their school choice all disappear when wards, traps, etc. have been used in spells, or be gone when select spells that remove them, be it all at once, or select numbers at a time, along with them appearing at once when casted from different spells.

3. There are plenty of spells that definitely need streamlining, especially their attack animations, just like how it did with the Call of Khrulhu. There's a couple I can think about.

3-1. The Power Nova's attack animation could be changed so that instead of unleashing its power on one Wizard at a time, it will build up and unleash a power wave to all Wizards at once.

3-2. The Storm Lord could charge up its staff and fire lightning at the sky while still using his powered up hand to stun Wizards, then, upon very short seconds, the lightning will stun & hit all Wizards at once.

3-3. Ra's attack should have him use his sun's power through his scepter to unleash a widespread wave to damage all Wizards at once instead of using it to hit one Wizard at a time.

3-4. The Frost Giant should spin very fast and use its ice hammer to hit all Wizards at once, then use his icy breath to stun them all at once.

3-5. The Fire Dragon should inhale very deeply, and when done, it will unleash a widespread fire breath that hits all Wizards at once.

Those are I can think about now, but, I know there are loads of spells that really need streamlining.

Sparck, I think this suggestion should be a reality in the later updates to come. Wouldn't that shave several minutes, even hours on time in duels? I think it may.

What do you think? Thanks for listening!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2019
I love this idea, and I'd like to pitch a few more of my own
Tempest - One big wave
Raging Bull- Instead of one individual bull, it's more of a stampede

Explorer
May 28, 2012
@Trimond297

In response to your topic #1 how would the ticks be stacked???
If the ticks are in the following order—
Example:
Heal sprite (H) –Damage (Ice Frostbite) – H–H– Damage (Ice Snow Angel) –H–H–H –H–Heal Helping Hands?

Would you be stacking the two Ice ticks as they are from the same school?

And with the Heals- how would you want them stacked : on the first position or the last as this could possibly change the health status of the wizard greatly when you think about it.

Now what I would recommend is that the two Heals together be stacked and then the last four heals be stacked not including the Helping hands as they are from the Balance school, leaving the DOT where they are. If they were one after the other maybe it would be possible to stack them as there are no healing sprites in between them.

Regarding the other comments #3—3-5 I would agree with. #2– I will still have to ponder this item more

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Cheryl Duskcrafter on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:
@Trimond297

In response to your topic #1 how would the ticks be stacked???
If the ticks are in the following order—
Example:
Heal sprite (H) –Damage (Ice Frostbite) – H–H– Damage (Ice Snow Angel) –H–H–H –H–Heal Helping Hands?

Would you be stacking the two Ice ticks as they are from the same school?

And with the Heals- how would you want them stacked : on the first position or the last as this could possibly change the health status of the wizard greatly when you think about it.

Now what I would recommend is that the two Heals together be stacked and then the last four heals be stacked not including the Helping hands as they are from the Balance school, leaving the DOT where they are. If they were one after the other maybe it would be possible to stack them as there are no healing sprites in between them.

Regarding the other comments #3—3-5 I would agree with. #2– I will still have to ponder this item more
The example you asked is a bit, give or take, close to what I'm describing in my streamlining suggestion.

The thought I thought about was this--

Visualize it. If a heal spell is cast with the tick placed in during a duel round in one Wizard's turn, before the other Wizard's turn in the round, and they get stacked, they all heal at once. If a damage spell with the tick is placed, and so on, they all damage the Wizard in one turn, exactly in one round. If done in reverse order... well, you get the picture.

E.G.: Heals (H) - Helping Hands, Healing Sprite, Availing Hands, Wings of Fate - All Healing. Damage - Fire Dragon, Volcano, All Fire Damage.

Sure, when necessary, but they all have to do damage at once.

I was thinking that no matter what spell that does DoT ticks, they'll simultaneously inflict damage/ healing at once in one round, no matter which spell school type they're from.

The heals stacked together does include Helping Hands, no matter what healing spell any Wizard can cast throughout their turns. When done, they all heal the Wizard at once in one round, instead of one at a time.

Actually, hold on, this does include all healing spells from different schools, 'cause no matter what school type they're from, they all should heal at once, not one at a time because they're from different spell schools. If its from the Balance School, Storm School, or even Fire School, it all counts to their healing factor.

You know, I wish I could deliver that example to you in storyboard form to give you the overall concept of it... if we had an easy program that does storyboards very fast & easily, that is. I hope someone can.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
actually, the best way to streamline them is to combine them all into one single tick. Calculate ALL damage, and ALL healing and only do the effect of whichever has the most. So, if you have 600 damage and 400 healing, the only thing that should happen is 200 damage. As things wear off, the numbers should be adjusted accordingly. I dont know if this is even realistic,but it would make things MUCH faster.