Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the PvP section being ignored?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Recently I've tried to post a sensible point on whats the point of having a pvp section, if there aren't any specific moderators on board to assist pvp complaints. I am assuming it got blocked for whatever reason before making it to the forum. This seriously needs to be addressed since the pvp player base is just as big as the pve players base. The last updated content we received was a few years back addressing some of the issue in terms of match making and puppet matches generally created for boosting etc. With that being said i feel like the pvp sections hasn't been receiving much notice if any at all because of so much focus being put into pve contents and crown related items.

Will there be any updates whats so ever in terms of balancing pvp and addressing the nerf issues with Efreet, Guardian Spirit, Burning rampage,Insane bolt, Shrike, Abominable Weaver and the jade meta? People are quitting by the minute. I've already lost 10 good pvp friends of mines who recently quit the game few months ago ,due to the imbalance of pvp at its current state. These players spent a significant amount of time and money to actually keep up with the meta that has been bestowed upon in the pvp realm. The longer it takes the more its going to affect the game as a whole where only the players base will be left with pve players. Many players are already getting caught up to the subliminal impact of crown related events being that its an option. Since i know you guys are business first before fun i can understand the reason for maintaining a sufficient amount of revenue to keep the game going, but if little issues like this can't be fixed and ur losing players because of this, then wouldn't that impact your business as a whole? PvP players just want to be heard.

Administrator
angellifeheart on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
Recently I've tried to post a sensible point on whats the point of having a pvp section, if there aren't any specific moderators on board to assist pvp complaints. I am assuming it got blocked for whatever reason before making it to the forum. This seriously needs to be addressed since the pvp player base is just as big as the pve players base. The last updated content we received was a few years back addressing some of the issue in terms of match making and puppet matches generally created for boosting etc. With that being said i feel like the pvp sections hasn't been receiving much notice if any at all because of so much focus being put into pve contents and crown related items.

Will there be any updates whats so ever in terms of balancing pvp and addressing the nerf issues with Efreet, Guardian Spirit, Burning rampage,Insane bolt, Shrike, Abominable Weaver and the jade meta? People are quitting by the minute. I've already lost 10 good pvp friends of mines who recently quit the game few months ago ,due to the imbalance of pvp at its current state. These players spent a significant amount of time and money to actually keep up with the meta that has been bestowed upon in the pvp realm. The longer it takes the more its going to affect the game as a whole where only the players base will be left with pve players. Many players are already getting caught up to the subliminal impact of crown related events being that its an option. Since i know you guys are business first before fun i can understand the reason for maintaining a sufficient amount of revenue to keep the game going, but if little issues like this can't be fixed and ur losing players because of this, then wouldn't that impact your business as a whole? PvP players just want to be heard.
Hi anglelifeheart! No, most certainly not being ignored, no worries! We've been ramping up PvP for a little while now and plan to make it a big deal in 2019, as you've started to see with the Deckathalons (not direct PvP).

Lots more to do! We'll keep you updated on all the PvP awesome as it comes out.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Sparck on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
Hi anglelifeheart! No, most certainly not being ignored, no worries! We've been ramping up PvP for a little while now and plan to make it a big deal in 2019, as you've started to see with the Deckathalons (not direct PvP).

Encouraging! Is this the "Other event" you mentioned? I wonder what will happen!

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Sparck on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:

Very cool! Would you please pass along the request to allow us to have a mode that allows us to play pvp how it is now after the revamp in case some of us would prefer to keep pvp as it is now? I dont know anything that you guys are planning on doing but by the words in the news letter that say rebuild pvp from the ground up, it sounds like it will be completely different. Some of us may later wish to go back and play it how it is in the current system.