Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Guide] Deckathalon Tips/Guide

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Since the Deckathalon is within full swing, I thought I'd share a guide for all players old and new they can apply to better sharpen their skills at the event.

Deck Selection - I highly recommend using a deck with either a tear or square jewel socket. The deck offered by the event usually has one of these and is ideal. The tear will assist in increasing your health which is very important. Alternatively, a square jewel will help with resits which is also important.
I also suggest working hard to eventually land a deck granting an extra pip along with the socket highlighted above.

Healing - Fairy is a good way to heal, but the spell is extremely costly as two pips is extremely viable. Hence, I recommend consider using spells such as sprite to heal. Higher pip spells such as Satyr is risky as you may be defeated before even getting a chance to cast the spell. Fairy should be used in emergency situations; especially if you end up going second; try predicting your opponents move and heal if necessary.

Pet Selection - Another hands down important tip to remember when doing the deckathalon challenges. Try using a pet filled with may cast talents. Remember that pets boosting stats are not reflected in YOUR OWN stats hence making these pets useless. So, use may cast pets, especially ones providing heals and defensive spells such as may cast fortify. This will help to ensure your longevity. Pet talents such as may cast infallible can also assist as these auras boost accuracy.

Use School Specific Shields - One thing I find when doing the event is that school specific shields work more better than towers. Sure, towers may offer more versatility, but you have to be a little smart when doing the event to ensure consistent winning. It appears that the monsters within the tower will only use school specific spells. So, Ice Mobs will only use ice spells. This may change as more events unfold, but for now, snow shields in this case is the best way to go. Plus, they are cheaper and defend a lot more than a 55% tower shield can.

Avoid falling for the trap of using enchanted spells - Remember, pre-enchanted and mutated spells are not allowed within the event. So, don't fall for the trap of adding them to your deck only to find out that they are not showing up when required.

Have Fun - All in all, have fun! The event is one of the best yet. I recommend that you use the event to relax and have fun. Remember to take a break and don't be too concerned about being on the top 10 of the leaderboard. While this may be good, this should not be the ultimate goal.

Feel free to share your own experiences and tips as the event rages on!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also, try to have at least 3/4 of your health before proceeding to the next floor.