Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

These hitboxes need a fix desperately

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
I posted before about Angler Thugs always dragging me off the sidewalk, but it isnt just them. Hitboxes seem to be selectively massive.

If I'm right up and able to breathe down their necks, sure, i should be dragged into combat (even though half the time, i'm not dragged in, for some reason).

If I'm a little farther away, maybe on the edge of the "safe zone", sure. That was my fault for not going farther in.

But if I'm across the street from them, they shouldnt be able to pull me from the sidewalk, all the way across the street and into a dueling circle.

is this an issue with them outrunning their hitboxes or something? That feels unlikely, given they move extremely slowly, but thats the only possible explanation for how i can miss them when i want to fight them, but cant hit them when i want to.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
I posted before about Angler Thugs always dragging me off the sidewalk, but it isnt just them. Hitboxes seem to be selectively massive.

If I'm right up and able to breathe down their necks, sure, i should be dragged into combat (even though half the time, i'm not dragged in, for some reason).

If I'm a little farther away, maybe on the edge of the "safe zone", sure. That was my fault for not going farther in.

But if I'm across the street from them, they shouldnt be able to pull me from the sidewalk, all the way across the street and into a dueling circle.

is this an issue with them outrunning their hitboxes or something? That feels unlikely, given they move extremely slowly, but thats the only possible explanation for how i can miss them when i want to fight them, but cant hit them when i want to.
What your describing sounds a lot like lag. When we're experiencing lag we're not seeing things in real time so enemies who appear further away could be much nearer and vice-versa. The fact you're not getting pulled into battle when you're very close to them and trying to be pulled in makes this a very likely explanation.

Some things that might help:

- make sure background tasks are not running while you're playing
- reset the modem and see if it improves
- see if your broadband provider is able to upgrade you for gaming purposes (mine did this as soon as I said we are gamers...and it didn't cost anything)
- Scan for viruses, spyware and malware

I hope this helps and other people have some suggestions too because I'm sure I've missed a bunch of things!

Good luck!