Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few overall changes to the game design

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Hi! I'm a max myth and one thing that frustrates me about W101 are the extremely hard metas. These make many aspects of the game extremely repetitive and take out many cool potential things.

At max I'm basically using only a handful of spells. I blade up, and then I aoe. The same can be said for any school when it comes to mobs. Its gotten so bad that even fighting bosses everyone just blades and aoe attacks. With the exception of some cheating bosses by far the most efficient method to most this game is just aoe spells. I wish that there were far less defeat and collect objectives, and the ones present would be a lot harder. For example instead of killing tons of mobs in pairs of two, you'd have to duel a ton of bosses (maybe 1 vs 1 because those are the most fun) which would use stuff that forced you to actually use utility stuff like heals, shields, traps, field spells, etc.

It would also be cool to have multiple viable gear sets with different playstyles. Right now there's basically Paradox Gear, Jade gear, and Darkmoor gear. One is for glass cannons, one is balanced, and one is 100% defense. It would be cool for every school to have a desired utility/support set of gear, or split school sets of gear that encouraged people to use mastery amulets and other schools besides just for utility. I like that there are a small amount of desired sets but having multiple different playstyles would be amazing. Perhaps having different schools interact more would be cool for split schools too, like running a myth-storm build would allow storm wizards to have their own version of minions/stuns/shatter and myth wizards to have their own version of stuff like electric current. It wouldn't be quite as much damage but it would unlock some desired utility from other schools.

Next, having a pvp mode where everyone has equal gear/stats would be amazing. I find I can't even compete just because other people have literally perfect stats, so having a gamemode where everyone is even besides spells would be sweet.

Lastly, the meta is so hard it literally extends to houses. Everyone uses the barn because of gardening. If every house had a desired effect (like more pet xp, can flat out grow reagents, gives boost to that school's stats, etc) then houses could be a lot more interesting.

All this gear and house stuff also affects inventory space. Having a much greater storage capacity would be amazing, or at least having cool things to spend a lot of gold on sounds good. People literally are making alt wizards just for storage. Making it easier to manage stuff like selling directly from bank, making a lot of no auction stuff sellable, etc would help tremendously. It might also make people spend more gold.

I know this is a lot of random things but I feel like this game becomes a little too narrow at max level. Shaking it up a bit and making storage/ gold more useful would help a lot. What are everyone's thoughts on these ideas?