Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

14 packs no amber

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Why is amber so impossible to get?
I need 9 more amber for loremaster.

Since there was a nice crowns sale today I bought $10 and even more foolishly bought 14 mega reagent packs in jolly hopes that I would get my amber. 14 packs in and no amber....

I've been farming Cronus and Gladiator, I've been gardening (admittedly very light gardening still not a strong suit yet), and I thought if I paid for crowns I'd get ahead a least a little bit--to shorten my farming time at least.....but I've still made no progress on amber in almost a month.

Is this an issue with the pack? Why is the amber drop rate so low? What is the logical explanation for amber being near impossible to get? Are there any hopes of the amber drop rate getting higher?
Maybe even would it be feasible that amber drop rate gets higher as your level does to make it harder for a lvl 40 to get the same amount of amber as a level 98.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I feel you would be a bit better off using your crowns to buy some King Parsley and cultivate them in your garden. The seeds multiply and they drop Amber. It is how I got my fist ambers to craft the Loremaster Spell.

Also White Tiger Lilies and Red Bell Peppers drop Ambers as well. Red Bell Peppers are readily available in the Bazaar.

I never had much luck getting amber from packs.

Good Luck!

Scarlet ShadowStone

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Raxxess on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:

Since there was a nice crowns sale today I bought $10 and even more foolishly bought 14 mega reagent packs in jolly hopes that I would get my amber. 14 packs in and no amber....

I've been farming Cronus and Gladiator, I've been gardening (admittedly very light gardening still not a strong suit yet), and I thought if I paid for crowns I'd get ahead a least a little bit--to shorten my farming time at least.....but I've still made no progress on amber in almost a month.

Is this an issue with the pack? Why is the amber drop rate so low? What is the logical explanation for amber being near impossible to get? Are there any hopes of the amber drop rate getting higher?
Maybe even would it be feasible that amber drop rate gets higher as your level does to make it harder for a lvl 40 to get the same amount of amber as a level 98.
You're better off gardening for amber - King Parsley or Queen Crape Myrtle. Or even farming a boss Central has a list of the bosses that drop amber.
Good luck.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Raxxess on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:

Sorry to hear you're getting bad luck on drops. I found King Parsley was a good source of amber - the seed always replaces itself at elder and we often get extra seeds throughout harvests so we can build a bigger plot of them. They also drop ultra king parsley that drops amber even more regularly and we can use 'wilt and revive' to get more mature harvests per seed since they do not give their own seed back at elder.

King parsley can only drop amber at elder but always drop at least one king parsley seed. Ultra king parsley can drop amber at both mature harvests and elder harvests but does not give back it's own seed at elder. Use 'wilt and revive' (causing a wilt before it goes elder will return it to the start of the mature-elder stage, allowing more mature harvests).

Before I knew about king parsley I reached a point where I wanted to craft spells and needed amber quickly. I farmed Gladiator (I was not high enough level to farm Cronus). If you're able to farm Cronus instead his drop rates on amber are apparently higher than Gladiator.

Are you able to farm Gladiator efficiently and quickly? If you want some help I can join you for a few runs to try to get you some amber. If you want to do that, just lmk your wizard name and usual playing times (include time zone) and I'll get back to you with a time I can meet when you'll be online

I hope this helps! Good luck with your crafting!