Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This years 12 days of the Spiral is actually awful

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Day 1 - Charity Mounts - great, I have most of the charity mounts because they're cool AND are for a good cause, but no new mount was created for the charities. Feels like a last second decision
Day 2 - Gingerbread Pack - .Great choice, cool mounts, wands, and gear.
Day 3 - Snowglobe Contest - This is in every years 12 days of the spiral and I bet a majority of the people don't even enter.
Day 4 - Free Holiday Key giveaway - This is actually a joke, keys are so easy to get in the game.

I am a little disappointed in seeing this 1/3rd portion of the 12 days of the spiral. Last years standards so far have outshine this one.

Look at all the cool things we got last year - https://www.wizard101.com/free-game/holiday-2017

Let me know what you think below.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AcroFlipper on Dec 9, 2018 wrote:
Day 1 - Charity Mounts - great, I have most of the charity mounts because they're cool AND are for a good cause, but no new mount was created for the charities. Feels like a last second decision
Day 2 - Gingerbread Pack - .Great choice, cool mounts, wands, and gear.
Day 3 - Snowglobe Contest - This is in every years 12 days of the spiral and I bet a majority of the people don't even enter.
Day 4 - Free Holiday Key giveaway - This is actually a joke, keys are so easy to get in the game.

I am a little disappointed in seeing this 1/3rd portion of the 12 days of the spiral. Last years standards so far have outshine this one.

Look at all the cool things we got last year - https://www.wizard101.com/free-game/holiday-2017

Let me know what you think below.
At least you got a new pack. ( P101 didn't ) And not everyone has bought the charity mounts, these throw backs will still benefit a charity.
It's not always a snowglobe, I distinctly remember a ship design contest, stocking and eyepatch as well. It's always good to see the creative efforts of the winners.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I'm not saying bringing back the charity mounts was a terrible idea. Its a great idea. However they did NOT make a new one this year FOR charity.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AcroFlipper on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
I'm not saying bringing back the charity mounts was a terrible idea. Its a great idea. However they did NOT make a new one this year FOR charity.
And with everything on their plate happening THIS year ( e.g. 10th anniversary, Empyrea1 & 2, etc. ) I'm not surprised. You still got a new bundle and a fairly good crowns event. And now, a new mount.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
It seems pretty much, so far, this year it is spend crowns or buy crowns 12 days of the Spiral. I know there are still many days to go, but looking at the posted calendar - there are more spend or buy crowns to come. Years back we used to get free stuff, even if was just a seasonal plant, goofy clothing item, etc. It wasn't all providing us a way to spend crowns. So far the only free gift is a set of keys - thank you, I will put them on my wall because I already have too many to take up more room in my backpack.

I used to look forward to the 12 days of the Spiral - but if this year is any indication what to expect in future years - it is just one more reason to start looking for a different game to play. . . . and don't even get me going on the final fight of the newest release

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
What a bunch of Scrouges, you are! We got a TON of free stuff this year with the 10th anniversary celebration. Every month a new code giving us gifts!
And now, because KI seems to have cut back, you want to walk? I would wait until the event is over before you complain!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
anecorbie on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
What a bunch of Scrouges, you are! We got a TON of free stuff this year with the 10th anniversary celebration. Every month a new code giving us gifts!
And now, because KI seems to have cut back, you want to walk? I would wait until the event is over before you complain!
Calling them a bunch of scrouges for expressing their opinion on actual facts isn't very appropriate. Am not a hunter for gifts either but they have a point and that's the direction k i took for this 12 days of the spiral i don't know if u notice but everything as of now is a way k i is trying to getting money why? because of its business first before content. Hence why newer content comes with a price. But am not the one to tell anyone how to run its business but all am saying is give back to the players like a lot of this MMO did whether it's a free perm mount etc.Its the first time in a long time i log into my screen and everything is BUY. nothing is like free haha but that's just how it is. smells like a shut down around the block.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
angellifeheart on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
Calling them a bunch of scrouges for expressing their opinion on actual facts isn't very appropriate. Am not a hunter for gifts either but they have a point and that's the direction k i took for this 12 days of the spiral i don't know if u notice but everything as of now is a way k i is trying to getting money why? because of its business first before content. Hence why newer content comes with a price. But am not the one to tell anyone how to run its business but all am saying is give back to the players like a lot of this MMO did whether it's a free perm mount etc.Its the first time in a long time i log into my screen and everything is BUY. nothing is like free haha but that's just how it is. smells like a shut down around the block.
How is it not appropriate? All scrouge cared about was money and all the community seems to care about is getitng free stuff. 12 days of the spiral isn't just about getting gifts you know. Sure they seemd to have cut back on a few things, but that's so they can give out a wide variety of cool stuff, e.g contests, new content, new items etc. Also would you care to comment on the "actual facts" that they stated? Because all I see are opinions.

The reason they don't out as much stuff anymore is because people like to abuse the system and ruin the fun. For example wizards 9th birthday came out giving away 1250 crowns. What did people do next? Make fake accounts for the crowns and then gift gift from those crowns onto their main account so that their main account has all these items from the crown shop. There's a strategical reason behind everything and assuming the negatives from this event is not the way to go.

P.s: you talk about giving back to the community and yet there have been plenty of giveaways throughout the year.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
angellifeheart on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
Well, I think you're wrong about a shut down, KI has always given back to it's loyal players. And a complaint about the12 days before they're even through isn't based on "actual fact".
The facts at the moment are:
1. KI has made this 10th anniversary a basic year-long Gift-giving Extravaganza.
2. This game has been updated many times this year and there are more side content activities than ever before in the history of W101.And they're available to Free to Play players.

3. Today KI has given many free gifts in the Epic Festive Giveaway.And I'll bet tomorrow will bring something as good.

You may have to wait for a new world update, KI does have another MMO, you know, and that game needs a serious update ( or three ) Not to mention their App games...

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
We have received MANY free items this entire year. I liked the throwback charity mount availability as I could now get the Noelephant for my wizard. Just because you had the items doesn't mean that everyone has. I agree that there was no new charity mount. There also wasn't a decaversary fish. KI has been busy with many other things. I am happy with all that they have done.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
The community asks for the charity mounts to be made available - KI gives them and gets complaints there isn't a new one, they didn't bring them all back...and they're not free!

The community asks for bundles to be online - KI gives them and even makes them half price...and gets complaints they're not free!

The community complains about stale packs - KI makes us a new one with new pets, a new mount, new gear, good drop rate on the best energy gear, the much desired Reindeer Knight spell and even gives us buy 10 get one free...community complains they're not all free!

The community asks for a new Christmas mount - KI makes us a beautiful new 4 person mount and sets it at a lower price than other multi-mounts...the community complains it's a money grab!

The community complains KI don't appreciate crowns players and their spending gets no bonus reward/benefit - KI make a crowns bonus for ALL crown spending, giving away a free pack (the new pack people are excited about) for every $3 spent...the community complains it's still not good enough because it's not completely free!

The community complains about a lack of keys when doing the Krampus dungeon - KI give us krampusfest that gives us one of each key needed...the community complains keys are not enough and they're easy to get in game!

The community want ways to get things free - KI give us a competition with the chance of winning $80 of crowns and a $39 bundle...plus a bunch of other prizes - the community complain it's too much effort to enter!

KI give us bonus daily assignment rewards and double pet XP - the community is so used to these FREE bonuses all year around they forget to say thanks and instead, complain it's not double gardening!

KI give us yuletidings and makeitreindeer for free packs and items...yes totally free...but the community doesn't appreciate it because before they released the codes they were already complaining about how 'awful' the 12 days are!

Most of us appreciate all this! THANKS KI

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
The community asks for the charity mounts to be made available - KI gives them and gets complaints there isn't a new one, they didn't bring them all back...and they're not free!

The community asks for bundles to be online - KI gives them and even makes them half price...and gets complaints they're not free!

The community complains about stale packs - KI makes us a new one with new pets, a new mount, new gear, good drop rate on the best energy gear, the much desired Reindeer Knight spell and even gives us buy 10 get one free...community complains they're not all free!

The community asks for a new Christmas mount - KI makes us a beautiful new 4 person mount and sets it at a lower price than other multi-mounts...the community complains it's a money grab!

The community complains KI don't appreciate crowns players and their spending gets no bonus reward/benefit - KI make a crowns bonus for ALL crown spending, giving away a free pack (the new pack people are excited about) for every $3 spent...the community complains it's still not good enough because it's not completely free!

The community complains about a lack of keys when doing the Krampus dungeon - KI give us krampusfest that gives us one of each key needed...the community complains keys are not enough and they're easy to get in game!

The community want ways to get things free - KI give us a competition with the chance of winning $80 of crowns and a $39 bundle...plus a bunch of other prizes - the community complain it's too much effort to enter!

KI give us bonus daily assignment rewards and double pet XP - the community is so used to these FREE bonuses all year around they forget to say thanks and instead, complain it's not double gardening!

KI give us yuletidings and makeitreindeer for free packs and items...yes totally free...but the community doesn't appreciate it because before they released the codes they were already complaining about how 'awful' the 12 days are!

Most of us appreciate all this! THANKS KI
If I could give this a double charm, I would.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
I have to agree with you Victoria in every aspect I took A break from the game for quite A few years as I started A family new baby and all I had no time to play the game now that my daughter is older I have time to sit and play the game and though its drastically changed from when I played about 6 years ago its never been more fun.I forgot how fun it was to play.

Back when I was playing on a regular basis 5 years ago there were no giveaways like KI has now I appreciate everything I get.

I never really bought packs before back when I started playing again A few months ago I did realize how the packs worked I had 15k crowns still in my bank from when I used to play I really wanted a couple of permanent spells so I went a bit nutty buying shaman lore packs I think I spent about 3-4k crowns on them and received no spells,I did not know till now that the packs are all chance I was so upset I got no permanent spells all gear,snacks housing items that I felt were useless I contacted KI about this I they explained to me how the packs work that they are all chance and the items that I received were actually valued at more than what I spent in crowns as a show of good faith KI credited me back all the crowns I had spent on the packs as well as keeping everything I received in the packs

KI did not have to do this but I thought it was very cool for them to do this.Victoria you are correct alot of players want,want,want and dont look at the big picture you are on point with everything you said you could not be more right.

yes it does get frustrating when you open up pack after pack and get unusable items sometimes you get luck EX: I opened up one of the elven packs this was before knowing the packs were all chance and on the third try got a light merryoinette pet.

Heck on my daily rewards this x-mas I have gotten some cool stuff through the chests I've scored alot of cool christmas decor as well as A polar bear cub and white winter owl.

So Victoria you are 100% on point

Administrator
Thank you all for the feedback, going to close this thread as it's approaching dangerous territories.