Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

9/11 Ceremony 2018.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
For the past 7 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony to honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got a lot of positive feedback as well. Well now it's time for the 2018 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

Wizard101

Pirate101

The Premise

The premise is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, & to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all those first responders who helped save a ton of extra lives as well.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is march around Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court and eventually ending in in my in-game house where we'll give speeches & thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.

The Path

We'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Nightside -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion/Royal Playhouse.

Rules

1. Mounts are forbidden. If you get lost from the group then you can use one to catch up to us but you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though a dark or light color is preferred.
3. For pets I would like it to be something that represents Life & Remembrance like a Seraph, Pixie Queen or Myth Sprite. Wands & badges follow this same rule.
4. No cursing or foul language.
5. No rude, mean or disrespectful behavior.
6. All standard rules apply (saying your forum name is fine though).
7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
10. Anyone can come to this event no matter who they are. Just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
12. You must have access to most, if not all, of Wizard City (all preferred).
13. At least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list, and be sure to include your wizards name as well. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
15. Have fun.

Date and Time

Tuesday, September 11, 2018.

3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST
6:30 PM EST

TBC

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
flash33 on Sep 3, 2018 wrote:
For the past 7 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony to honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got a lot of positive feedback as well. Well now it's time for the 2018 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

Wizard101

Pirate101

The Premise

The premise is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, & to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all those first responders who helped save a ton of extra lives as well.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is march around Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court and eventually ending in in my in-game house where we'll give speeches & thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.

The Path

We'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Nightside -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion/Royal Playhouse.

Rules

1. Mounts are forbidden. If you get lost from the group then you can use one to catch up to us but you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though a dark or light color is preferred.
3. For pets I would like it to be something that represents Life & Remembrance like a Seraph, Pixie Queen or Myth Sprite. Wands & badges follow this same rule.
4. No cursing or foul language.
5. No rude, mean or disrespectful behavior.
6. All standard rules apply (saying your forum name is fine though).
7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
10. Anyone can come to this event no matter who they are. Just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
12. You must have access to most, if not all, of Wizard City (all preferred).
13. At least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list, and be sure to include your wizards name as well. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
15. Have fun.

Date and Time

Tuesday, September 11, 2018.

3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST
6:30 PM EST

TBC
What's up Flash33? I hope your day is going well. I remember you from the Pirate101 Message Boards and I love your yearly September 11 marches. If it's not too much trouble for you, I'd like to be one of your guest speakers. I will have an appropriate 9/11 speech planned for the occasion when your march event goes live. We must all take the time to pray for those who lost their lives in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. All those lives may be gone, but they're never forgotten. They still live on in our hearts, hearing our prayers.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 90 Diviner, Promethean Crafter, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)

Hero
May 02, 2009
Why am I hosting this?

The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.

Extra Notes
Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above.

I also will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out, either post here or send me a message on W101C.

For Guest Speakers, they will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient) then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Send me a message or post here if you're interested in becoming one for this event.

The reason I'm having the end of the event be hosted at my house is so everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while having it in a public location is nice it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my house I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking people who try to act up.

I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever.

Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event go ahead. Just make sure you credit me for this event if you use them elsewhere.

Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33 (Seth Shadowcloud)
crimsonreaper5 (Blaze Stormsword)
Guest Speaker:

Hero
May 02, 2009
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
What's up Flash33? I hope your day is going well. I remember you from the Pirate101 Message Boards and I love your yearly September 11 marches. If it's not too much trouble for you, I'd like to be one of your guest speakers. I will have an appropriate 9/11 speech planned for the occasion when your march event goes live. We must all take the time to pray for those who lost their lives in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. All those lives may be gone, but they're never forgotten. They still live on in our hearts, hearing our prayers.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 90 Diviner, Promethean Crafter, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)
Thank you, you have been added to the list. Just make sure your prepared speech is appropriate as last year we had some try to use that as an excuse to troll.