Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre Crafting Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone knows the best place (place with most spawn points) for farming ore? I’m stuck on this dragonspyre quest, and need 30 diamonds as of now, I only have 14, and about 50 ore. Thanks!

Jordan, Level 69

Survivor
Dec 08, 2013
b3astlypenguin on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:
hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone knows the best place (place with most spawn points) for farming ore? I’m stuck on this dragonspyre quest, and need 30 diamonds as of now, I only have 14, and about 50 ore. Thanks!

Jordan, Level 69
I had the exact problem! I was able to find plenty of ore all over Dragonspyre.
Also, try to grind in the bazaar and act quick buying ore or diamonds.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Try the Pyramid of the Sun in Krokotopia. Ore is all over the place in there and most people don't think of this area as a place to farm for ore. You'll have less competition in Krokotopia. Also, the Dark and Haunted Caves in Wizard City spawn ore. And finally ... it's all over the place in Dragonspyre. Many people swear by the Athenium, but it can be hard to actually find ore there due to that place being so popular.

That's why I recommend Krokotopia.

Try these areas late at night or early morning, and just keep switching realms until you gather enough.

If you would rather do gardening, Frozen Fly Traps drop diamonds directly, and so do Burning Snap Dragons. You can get just ore from Dandelions, Helephant Ears and Snap Dragons and then use it to transmute ore into diamonds. It takes 15 ore to make one diamond.

The Transmute Diamond recipe is for sale in Marleybone, from Felicia Worthington; or from Avery Templeton in Celestia, located in the back left corner, near the entrance to the Survey Camp.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Recipe:Transmute_Diamond#axzz5LjajO8us

Alia Misthaven
*Edited to correct an error regarding who sells the Transmute Diamond recipe.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I farmed the Cave Of Solitude for ore/diamonds. I started at one end, ran around gathering it up then changed realms at the other end to start over. Stay close to the edges to avoid being pulled and mark location one end just in case, so you can flee and port back if they do manage to grab you! You'll soon get your rhythm so you avoid getting caught

Good luck!