Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An issue with Wu realm? (A test realm story)

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
So recently in the wonderful test realm filled with wonderful new graphics and more beautiful updates I decided to head to the magic mirror shop. Only to walk in on a roleplay of inappropriate nature, lots of filter evading and other bad behavior. I ended up reporting one of them after a while. What came next was a bit new to me (been out of the game for awhile but recently got back into the game)
They were saying that Wu realm doesn't care about filters, and that if I have a problem then just to ignore and move on, dont report people. And that me reporting one for filter evading is going to lead to ME getting in trouble for "False reporting". (It's not false because they were literally saying some stuff that should not be in a family friendly game and gets blocked by open chat )

I am absolutely shocked, how long as this been going on?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
So recently in the wonderful test realm filled with wonderful new graphics and more beautiful updates I decided to head to the magic mirror shop. Only to walk in on a roleplay of inappropriate nature, lots of filter evading and other bad behavior. I ended up reporting one of them after a while. What came next was a bit new to me (been out of the game for awhile but recently got back into the game)
They were saying that Wu realm doesn't care about filters, and that if I have a problem then just to ignore and move on, dont report people. And that me reporting one for filter evading is going to lead to ME getting in trouble for "False reporting". (It's not false because they were literally saying some stuff that should not be in a family friendly game and gets blocked by open chat )

I am absolutely shocked, how long as this been going on?
Nowhere in the game is 'adult only' or outside of the Terms of Use...not even 'private' messages. Wu is the furthest down the realm list and a small number of unsavoury players go there in the false belief they are somehow immune or exempt from the rules simply because players are less likely to end up there without choosing to be. The fact is anyone porting to a friend ends up in the same realm as the friend so defaults etc don't make any realm only accessible by purposeful/deliberate choice or to adults only.

I've heard private messages sometimes referred to as 'whispers' and think it is perhaps a better term. Players have voiced outrage at being held accountable for inappropriate 'private' messages that were not reported but were picked up on by the bot/KI. 'Whisper' seems more apt since it is limited in how many people can hear it but not entirely 'private'; it's between you, the other player and KI (as owners of the game).

If people can be sanctioned for a whisper that was not even reported by the only person to hear it, it's very clear that anything said out loud is definitely expected to be age appropriate.

You did the right thing by reporting them and you won't get into trouble for it. Thank you for helping keep the Spiral safe for children and pleasant for us all

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Evading the chat filters has always been a pasttime of people who play in the Wu realm. Any bad behavior absolutely should be reported. Young, impressionable children play this game, and by reporting these players who choose to not abide by the rules, you are giving these children a safer, more relaxing experience.

Personally, I avoid the Wu realm at all costs. It breeds a really toxic culture of people.