Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should We Have Lvl 100 Elixir?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Hello stars,
It's about time we all should suggest about one of the biggest questions we all talk about:
Should we make a lvl 100 Elixir? In my opinion, there are good reasons why we should, and reasons why we shouldn't:

The good reasons are, people these days, sometimes get tired of questing when they get to the high lvs, like 80-90, and the worlds become harder to pass. Also new players might quit in the middle of the gameplay, because KI will keep make new worlds and the game will never end, Though, Kingsisle are trying to make fun worlds and better wolrds than they made before, and they want to continue the story line for the people who already passed all these worlds. But once you complete all the worlds, and you make a new char, you have to make all the way right back to the top, and it can be less interesting and fun than the first time, then people will just give up at the middle, or maybe quit.
The reasons why we maybe shouldn't are, new players will maybe rather buy the Eixir instead of completing the story line, and they will miss it, and all the basic stuff you need to know about the game, like fishing, different types of spells, pvp, and more..
I would like to hear what u have to say about it ~Arcanum Lore

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Yes please.

I have no wish to repeat things on other wizards unless I choose to.

However I would like them to be able to explore other worlds.

Right now most of mine are struggling away in the same world, because I found it extremely long the first time. I mostly have them do a few battles or a quest there, when I am bored. But there are other things for them to do and I don't always a have much time in the game. So they usually do a team up, and a daily, if I'm lucky.

With six wizards it's a lot to look after. It will take me forever to complete the worlds the slow way. By then there will always be more 'exciting' things to do with one or more of them in the game.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Star Gator on May 20, 2018 wrote:
Hello stars,
It's about time we all should suggest about one of the biggest questions we all talk about:
Should we make a lvl 100 Elixir? In my opinion, there are good reasons why we should, and reasons why we shouldn't:

The good reasons are, people these days, sometimes get tired of questing when they get to the high lvs, like 80-90, and the worlds become harder to pass. Also new players might quit in the middle of the gameplay, because KI will keep make new worlds and the game will never end, Though, Kingsisle are trying to make fun worlds and better wolrds than they made before, and they want to continue the story line for the people who already passed all these worlds. But once you complete all the worlds, and you make a new char, you have to make all the way right back to the top, and it can be less interesting and fun than the first time, then people will just give up at the middle, or maybe quit.
The reasons why we maybe shouldn't are, new players will maybe rather buy the Eixir instead of completing the story line, and they will miss it, and all the basic stuff you need to know about the game, like fishing, different types of spells, pvp, and more..
I think this is a great idea once a few more worlds are released, but I highly doubt it will be cheap lol. I understand the feeling of having to completely quest another character again and it gets very repetitive as you've already gone through it before, even with the level 50 elixir. There should be some requirements to buy this elixir though, like having two high level characters (at least level 100) for example to qualify, so that new players or those who only have low level-mid level characters as their highest won't miss out on the storyline or simply just for the sake of skipping everything to get to max level.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
Hello stars,

This is a VERY good idea! It sucks to have to go through the same storyline for each character, and sometimes I'd just give up out of frustration. I'm more interested in how it would be priced, because the Level 50 Elixir is pretty expensive already.
Perhaps double the crowns?

-Victoria ThunderCloud, Lvl 73 Necromancer

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I've never really cared for the elixir's to begin with, so I am reluctant to say ok to an 100 elixir. Level 50 is one thing, its the basic levels being skipped. If you go to 100, then you skip over the more difficult worlds. Sure an experienced player can handle it, but I think its crucial to learn how to play your class, which levels 50-100 is the perfect time to do.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
deathsummoner4 on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I think this is a great idea once a few more worlds are released, but I highly doubt it will be cheap lol. I understand the feeling of having to completely quest another character again and it gets very repetitive as you've already gone through it before, even with the level 50 elixir. There should be some requirements to buy this elixir though, like having two high level characters (at least level 100) for example to qualify, so that new players or those who only have low level-mid level characters as their highest won't miss out on the storyline or simply just for the sake of skipping everything to get to max level.
Do you know when they introduced the Level 50 elixir? Was it when they got to 100 levels? If so we might not get a Level 100 elixir until they get to 150 levels, but, who knows.

I agree with your post except I hope they will only require one Level 100 wizard before one can take the Level 100 elixir on one's other wizards. The whole point is not to have to repeat.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Heuna on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I've never really cared for the elixir's to begin with, so I am reluctant to say ok to an 100 elixir. Level 50 is one thing, its the basic levels being skipped. If you go to 100, then you skip over the more difficult worlds. Sure an experienced player can handle it, but I think its crucial to learn how to play your class, which levels 50-100 is the perfect time to do.
Fair point.

Level 75 Elixir maybe? Lol

Although...not all of us enjoy the difficulties or hurdles. Some of us just want to see what's next/explore/socialize/shop/whatever.

Someone posted about the 5 styles of players a while back. It is a very interesting topic. I wish someone would go more into that topic.

I think I would fall in the Explorer style, or approach to games; I want to be entertained, I want to see what wonderful creative things are in store.

Others feel it should be difficult, should be 'earned' and I feel paying for it is earning it equally well; the fourth wall may be broken but for me, that's more true when things become like 'work' than it is when real life pays for it. For others, it's the opposite.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Heuna on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I agree with this ~ skipping too much of the content doesn't allow players to learn their school and strategies that they will need for higher levels and working with higher level teams.

I've never considered buying the level 50 elixir because I am a player who enjoys even low level questing, but I absolutely see why it is available to those who want to skip ahead to more challenging content they will enjoy more. I'm glad it has been added even though personally I wouldn't use it.

Something I think might be very good would be a 'skip world' elixir with a limit to how many times it can be used per wizard. This would allow people who really don't enjoy a specific world to only have to do the content once but skip subsequent wizards past it. I think most of us have that one world we would like the option to bypass

I think it is far too premature for a level 100 elixir but in the future when there are still plenty of worlds beyond that point it may well become a viable option without dooming high level worlds and teams to an influx of wizards armed only with low-level strategy.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
SparkleTude on May 21, 2018 wrote:
Do you know when they introduced the Level 50 elixir? Was it when they got to 100 levels? If so we might not get a Level 100 elixir until they get to 150 levels, but, who knows.

I agree with your post except I hope they will only require one Level 100 wizard before one can take the Level 100 elixir on one's other wizards. The whole point is not to have to repeat.
Not sure when they did release the level 50 elixir, but the reason why I said two is because I looked at it more from a business perspective. Although the level 100 elixir will give them tons of money back, it would probably be too easy for people to skip that far ahead on their other characters and I'm not certain if they would like that. It seems more reasonable for KI to probably want more players to have current reasons to be active, in order to keep Wizard101 alive. The longer you play, the more you will probably spend. Skipping to level 100 would probably not be an idea they'll be putting out there, but who knows, maybe they'll consider it one day. Also, leveling up two characters to level 100 isn't too bad. It makes you notice things that you probably would have missed or skipped the first time you quested. I know I missed out on a lot of things and small details in the storyline and only realized it when I quested my second character. Although I totally understand how long it takes to get there, it made me appreciate the game more actually and made more friends along the way whilst questing together so that's another reason why I said two. Whether it's one or two characters required, I'll be happy with either of them, it is up to KI.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
SparkleTude on May 22, 2018 wrote:
Fair point.

Level 75 Elixir maybe? Lol

Although...not all of us enjoy the difficulties or hurdles. Some of us just want to see what's next/explore/socialize/shop/whatever.

Someone posted about the 5 styles of players a while back. It is a very interesting topic. I wish someone would go more into that topic.

I think I would fall in the Explorer style, or approach to games; I want to be entertained, I want to see what wonderful creative things are in store.

Others feel it should be difficult, should be 'earned' and I feel paying for it is earning it equally well; the fourth wall may be broken but for me, that's more true when things become like 'work' than it is when real life pays for it. For others, it's the opposite.
Could you link me to the page about the 5 styles of players?

I think that this idea is actually pretty good. Not everyone wants to go through the quests tons of times.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
deathsummoner4 on May 22, 2018 wrote:
Not sure when they did release the level 50 elixir, but the reason why I said two is because I looked at it more from a business perspective. Although the level 100 elixir will give them tons of money back, it would probably be too easy for people to skip that far ahead on their other characters and I'm not certain if they would like that. It seems more reasonable for KI to probably want more players to have current reasons to be active, in order to keep Wizard101 alive. The longer you play, the more you will probably spend. Skipping to level 100 would probably not be an idea they'll be putting out there, but who knows, maybe they'll consider it one day. Also, leveling up two characters to level 100 isn't too bad. It makes you notice things that you probably would have missed or skipped the first time you quested. I know I missed out on a lot of things and small details in the storyline and only realized it when I quested my second character. Although I totally understand how long it takes to get there, it made me appreciate the game more actually and made more friends along the way whilst questing together so that's another reason why I said two. Whether it's one or two characters required, I'll be happy with either of them, it is up to KI.
I don't see a need for an imposed limitation.
Remember people still can, and often do, go back and do the worlds they 'skipped' regardless.
I've been picking up a lot of quests on those worlds but it's as and when I wish, or can; and at a higher level so it's not as stressful. This way it's just for fun...which, imo, is synonymous with 'game.' (I realize that's not the case for all.)

If others look down on me as a lesser player for having skipped worlds once I've done them one time...so be it. I frankly don't think it signifies. Everyone should play in the way they personally enjoy (with exceptions such as bullies of course.)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I think Lvl 100 Elixir would be ok in the game after arc 3 and 4 are made but I wont use it. I enjoy listening to the storyline and let my imagination go to work while adventuring in worlds I love; I can never get bored that way. Yes it can get boring after awhile when you rush through the game without listening to the dialog and using faints to quickly win your battle and say; ok, next. To me that's no fun. I rather use Skip World Elixir if it would be added to the game.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Hello stars,

Why stop at just a level 100 Elixir!?! How about an Elixir where your wizard instantly transforms into a max wizard, having done all quests, side quests, earned every badge, fish, crafted item, and whatever else can be acquired in the game too And even after KI goes ahead and creates such a wizard, then someone will be crying for all of that in an elixir; plus one!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Tylerwildpants on May 23, 2018 wrote:
Why stop at just a level 100 Elixir!?! How about an Elixir where your wizard instantly transforms into a max wizard, having done all quests, side quests, earned every badge, fish, crafted item, and whatever else can be acquired in the game too And even after KI goes ahead and creates such a wizard, then someone will be crying for all of that in an elixir; plus one!
Sounds good to me, Tyler.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on May 23, 2018 wrote:
I think Lvl 100 Elixir would be ok in the game after arc 3 and 4 are made but I wont use it. I enjoy listening to the storyline and let my imagination go to work while adventuring in worlds I love; I can never get bored that way. Yes it can get boring after awhile when you rush through the game without listening to the dialog and using faints to quickly win your battle and say; ok, next. To me that's no fun. I rather use Skip World Elixir if it would be added to the game.
Interesting idea.

I don't read the dialogue (shrug), and I don't use feints.

We're all different. It's been interesting to read everyone's reaction to the OP's suggestion for that reason.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
GPM499 on May 23, 2018 wrote:

I think that this idea is actually pretty good. Not everyone wants to go through the quests tons of times.
I can't remember what the topic was about. I tried to google in case I hit it lucky, or in case I found another article about it.

They were referencing "Bartle's Player Types For Gamification." I don't know if we can link to outside websites but if you search with that phrase, you'll find something.

I thought there were five that the person listed, but this Bartle's title rings a bell so it must have been four. The four types listed with Bartle's are: Killer, Achiever, Socializer, and Explorer.

According to the article I found via search engine: Killer players make up one percent of gamers; Achievers 10 percent; Socializers 80 percent; and Explorers 10 percent.

I would've guessed the percentages differently.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
GPM499 on May 23, 2018 wrote:

The "Explorer" Type has me written all over it.

This is a quote from the page. The website is called Interaction Design Foundation.
"Explorers want to see new things and discover new secrets. They’re not as bothered about points or prizes. For them, discovery is the prize. Explorers are fine with repetitive tasks as long as they eventually “unlock” a new area of the game, or they deliver some kind of “Easter Egg” (an Easter Egg is a small bonus within a game – sometimes it’s as simple as a little joke, whereas in other cases it might be a full extra video sequence regarding what has been accomplished). Explorers really enjoy the surprise that’s possible in a game, and around 10% of players fit into this category. These are the players who will feel at walls in a game in order to access a secret passage; their satisfaction on doing so is what makes them tick, not bragging to their friends about their discovery. Build this sort of feature into your gamification design—and you’ll be speaking their language."

Perhaps you are an Explorer also?

I think it's also possible or probable most people are a blend of more than one "style" of gaming.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
At the bottom of that page about Bartle's, there was a link to take the Bartle test. I didn't realize that.

It's fascinating.

Answer honestly as you can, if you take the test; here are my results:

93 percent Explorer.

I'm also:

67 percent Achiever.

20 percent Killer.

20 percent Socialiser.

NB: I am sure that is not meant to add up to 100 percent total, but rather, to say which percentage of my answers aligned with those categories. In other words we're possibly all a little bit of all of it.

Many of the answers had only two choices and neither were particularly 'me' but I chose the one I found more agreeable, even if both were disagreeable; one might be a fraction of a percentage less so. For instance I don't feel I would 'brag' about anything but several questions said 'which would you rather BRAG about.'

Anyway it's interesting. If people google Bartle test you will probably find it.

This is the quiz' definition of Explorer.

Even before video games were invented, I used to wish there was some type of game in which you could just find things...like Pippi Longstocking. As the other description said 'it is about the surprise for this type of player.'

Explorer definition, from the quiz: " Explorers delight in having the game expose its internal machinations to them. They try progressively esoteric actions in wild, out-of-the-way places, looking for interesting features (ie. bugs) and figuring out how things work. Scoring points may be necessary to enter some next phase of exploration, but it's tedious, and anyone with half a brain can do it. Killing is quicker, and might be a constructive exercise in its own right, but it causes too much hassle in the long run if the deceased return to seek retribution. Socialising can be informative as a source of new ideas to try out, but most of what people say is irrelevant or old hat. The real fun comes only from discovery, and making the most complete set of maps in existence."

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Tylerwildpants on May 23, 2018 wrote:
Lol...well I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but nevertheless, that would simply be too much to ask for. I highly doubt KI would ever release such a thing, otherwise, what's the point of playing Wizard101 when you could just finish everything they have worked so hard to create and implemented into the game for the past 10 years in an instant? And such elixir would be too expensive and impossible to buy. Yes, we do like some things to be easier for us, but I'd also prefer some challenges along the way.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
SparkleTude on May 24, 2018 wrote:
At the bottom of that page about Bartle's, there was a link to take the Bartle test. I didn't realize that.

It's fascinating.

Answer honestly as you can, if you take the test; here are my results:

93 percent Explorer.

I'm also:

67 percent Achiever.

20 percent Killer.

20 percent Socialiser.

NB: I am sure that is not meant to add up to 100 percent total, but rather, to say which percentage of my answers aligned with those categories. In other words we're possibly all a little bit of all of it.

Many of the answers had only two choices and neither were particularly 'me' but I chose the one I found more agreeable, even if both were disagreeable; one might be a fraction of a percentage less so. For instance I don't feel I would 'brag' about anything but several questions said 'which would you rather BRAG about.'

Anyway it's interesting. If people google Bartle test you will probably find it.

This is the quiz' definition of Explorer.

Even before video games were invented, I used to wish there was some type of game in which you could just find things...like Pippi Longstocking. As the other description said 'it is about the surprise for this type of player.'

Explorer definition, from the quiz: " Explorers delight in having the game expose its internal machinations to them. They try progressively esoteric actions in wild, out-of-the-way places, looking for interesting features (ie. bugs) and figuring out how things work. Scoring points may be necessary to enter some next phase of exploration, but it's tedious, and anyone with half a brain can do it. Killing is quicker, and might be a constructive exercise in its own right, but it causes too much hassle in the long run if the deceased return to seek retribution. Socialising can be informative as a source of new ideas to try out, but most of what people say is irrelevant or old hat. The real fun comes only from discovery, and making the most complete set of maps in existence."
Wow, I've heard of the Bartle thing, but never looked much into it before. Reading this made me want to do the quiz and I did end up doing it lol. Here's what I got:

"You are 53% Socialiser
What Bartle says:

Socialisers are interested in people, and what they have to say. The game is merely a backdrop, a common ground where things happen to players. Inter-player relationships are important: empathizing with people, sympathizing, joking, entertaining, listening; even merely observing people play can be rewarding - seeing them grow as individuals, maturing over time. Some exploration may be necessary so as to understand what everyone else is talking about, and points-scoring could be required to gain access to neat communicative spells available only to higher levels (as well as to obtain a certain status in the community). Killing, however, is something only ever to be excused if it's a futile, impulsive act of revenge, perpetrated upon someone who has caused intolerable pain to a dear friend. The only ultimately fulfilling thing is not how to rise levels or kill hapless drips; it's getting to know people, to understand them, and to form beautiful, lasting relationships.
You are also:

53% Achiever
53% Explorer
40% Killer"

Based off my results, I guess I'm more fairly balanced than I originally thought. The percentage I got for Socialiser is the same for Achiever and Explorer, so I'm a bit lost on which category I truly fit in lol. I predicted to be at least 80% Socialiser, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks Sparkle for this information! It was definitely an interesting read and I learned something new today hehe.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on May 23, 2018 wrote:
This is exactly like me as well! I love the story even when I've heard it over and over

I listen to audio books and documentaries online while doing everything except questing...then it is earphones in, game sound effects, music and dialogue on and boom I am in another world

I like pottering through worlds, picking up reagents, running the wrong way because I'm still too stupid to know where I am going rofl, getting pulled, noticing new things I missed before and enjoying the journey and battles. I can't really have a questing partner because I'm so slow it would do their head in!

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
I love the idea of having a level 100 elixir, and totally agree with the must have a level 100 character already on the account requirement like the level 50. I do not agree with the pricing of the level 50 elixir however. i only purchase crowns when they are on sale for 1000+ crowns per dollar which makes the level 50 elixir cost $30, which is extremely expensive for an in game item. With that in mind i expect the level 100 to be even higher priced and thus probably far too expensive for the average player. As is now, i think that the level 50 be reduced in price by 25-50% OR offer members a membership discount on crown shop items, including elixirs and such.

I am a subscriber with a family of accounts and already spend $7/mo per account and generally spend about $60 - $100 a month on crowns. So obviously i'm OK with spending real money on fake money and buying imaginary items, but would like to see a little more benefit to being a subscriber than just gaining access to the entire spiral.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
deathsummoner4 on May 24, 2018 wrote:
Wow, I've heard of the Bartle thing, but never looked much into it before. Reading this made me want to do the quiz and I did end up doing it lol. Here's what I got:

"You are 53% Socialiser
What Bartle says:

Socialisers are interested in people, and what they have to say. The game is merely a backdrop, a common ground where things happen to players. Inter-player relationships are important: empathizing with people, sympathizing, joking, entertaining, listening; even merely observing people play can be rewarding - seeing them grow as individuals, maturing over time. Some exploration may be necessary so as to understand what everyone else is talking about, and points-scoring could be required to gain access to neat communicative spells available only to higher levels (as well as to obtain a certain status in the community). Killing, however, is something only ever to be excused if it's a futile, impulsive act of revenge, perpetrated upon someone who has caused intolerable pain to a dear friend. The only ultimately fulfilling thing is not how to rise levels or kill hapless drips; it's getting to know people, to understand them, and to form beautiful, lasting relationships.
You are also:

53% Achiever
53% Explorer
40% Killer"

Based off my results, I guess I'm more fairly balanced than I originally thought. The percentage I got for Socialiser is the same for Achiever and Explorer, so I'm a bit lost on which category I truly fit in lol. I predicted to be at least 80% Socialiser, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks Sparkle for this information! It was definitely an interesting read and I learned something new today hehe.
You're very welcome! I'm glad someone else found it fascinating as well.

You have very interesting results. I'd say being that well balanced or having traits that evenly distributed is likely a very healthy sign. When I saw mine I thought 'hmm 20 percent each, so I'd just as soon kill a character as socialize with it?' (Applies to virtual worlds only. *cough*) Only joking.

I wish I could recall who originally posted about this Bartle study or the topic title.
Reading your result, Socialiser, it sounds spot-on for someone I used to quest with. It makes me realize: NO wonder they were always frustrated with me. NO wonder I tensed up in direct proportion to how many of their friends they ported in to quest with us. NO wonder neither of us understood the other's way of gaming. We were two totally opposite gaming types.

In real life there is some sort of test that gets personality types down to a science (not Meyer Briggs but one even more specific), and it was a revelation as well. Just in reading the possible types, and thinking about people I've known, it helped me to understand them. It made me wonder if everyone shouldn't take such a test and then perhaps label which one they fall into. Again only joking.

I think a lot of misunderstandings in this world result from people applying their own values to others, and then judging them by that yardstick. But we're all so different and unique.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on May 24, 2018 wrote:
This is exactly like me as well! I love the story even when I've heard it over and over

I listen to audio books and documentaries online while doing everything except questing...then it is earphones in, game sound effects, music and dialogue on and boom I am in another world

I like pottering through worlds, picking up reagents, running the wrong way because I'm still too stupid to know where I am going rofl, getting pulled, noticing new things I missed before and enjoying the journey and battles. I can't really have a questing partner because I'm so slow it would do their head in!
Sounds like...creative immersion? I enjoy that also. Unfortunately I don't get to do that very often as there are so many distractions here. I don't really have online access behind a door I can shut. Cranking the music and getting lost in this world which is the result of many creative imaginations is a treat.

I like to take my time too. Soloing gives me the luxury of not having to rush or worry about if I can do this or that.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
deathsummoner4 on May 24, 2018 wrote:
Lol...well I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but nevertheless, that would simply be too much to ask for. I highly doubt KI would ever release such a thing, otherwise, what's the point of playing Wizard101 when you could just finish everything they have worked so hard to create and implemented into the game for the past 10 years in an instant? And such elixir would be too expensive and impossible to buy. Yes, we do like some things to be easier for us, but I'd also prefer some challenges along the way.
You win today's Sarcasm hat, along with this humongous pot of glorious imaginary gold and crowns!
Of course such a potion would be silly, that I'd buy, and even get the Plus One Potion too; just to say I have them both ;P