Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Natural Stats vs Earned Stats Question

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Before I make my inquiry, I will define Natural Stats & Earned Stats. Natural Stats are stats a wizard has that is determined largely by their school. For example, since base health and base damage are determined largely by school, these would be Natural Stats. However, unlike base health and base damage, health boosts and damage boosts wouldn't be Natural Stats. They would be Earned Stats, because Earned Stats are stats a wizard has that is determined largely by their gear, and boosts to health and damage are exactly this. However, base health and base damage would be Natural Stats because they are not determined by your gear.

So my question is, are there any other Natural Stats besides base health, base mana, base damage, and base accuracy? For example, if Ice had naturally higher resistance regardless of gear, they would have a Natural Stat in resistance. Is there anything like this, or any other type of Natural Stat I may have missed? Or are the only Natural Stats base health, base mana, base damage, and base accuracy?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
You're not asking your question in a vacuum, I for one simply do not know the answer so I kept quiet.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
The question isn't quite right. For example, there is no base accuracy or damage. If you unequip all gear then a max level ice and a max level storm can both cast thunder snake and have the same accuracy (70%) and damage (105-145). The damage and accuracy are only determined by spell and gear. Usually the best gear is school specific, so the most important thing that school determines is which gear is possible. For example, the base health of max level ice is only 4359 - when you see ice with over 9000 health that is only possible because of ice specific gear. In other words, the most important 'base stat' of a wizard is which gear it is possible to earn with that school.

There are few stats other than health that are non-zero if you unequip all gear - e.g. pip conversion, power pip chance, mana, and energy. But I don't think these vary much between schools if at all, so really it is just what gear is possible, which spells can be learnt, and which school you can use power pips with.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
There are also base stats for shadow pip chance once you get shadow magic and base stats for fishing luck. I have read about both but don't remember exactly what they are because I didn't really focus on them when making my gear sets.

I think fishing luck was 85% base but I don't know if it starts lower and increases with fishing levels or starts out as that and remains constant. I noticed that wizards with energy boost gear rather than fishing gear still had fish get away while those using the fishing set that also gave fishing luck never had a fish get away as long as it was the right school/rank lure. I still choose energy over fishing luck though.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Michael Bluestone on May 29, 2018 wrote:
The question isn't quite right. For example, there is no base accuracy or damage. If you unequip all gear then a max level ice and a max level storm can both cast thunder snake and have the same accuracy (70%) and damage (105-145). The damage and accuracy are only determined by spell and gear. Usually the best gear is school specific, so the most important thing that school determines is which gear is possible. For example, the base health of max level ice is only 4359 - when you see ice with over 9000 health that is only possible because of ice specific gear. In other words, the most important 'base stat' of a wizard is which gear it is possible to earn with that school.

There are few stats other than health that are non-zero if you unequip all gear - e.g. pip conversion, power pip chance, mana, and energy. But I don't think these vary much between schools if at all, so really it is just what gear is possible, which spells can be learnt, and which school you can use power pips with.
I included damage and accuracy because you usually stick with your school's spells and thus you have a set base damage and accuracy.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I think power pip chance (base 40%), pip conversion, shadow pip chance, and energy could be considered "natural" stats.