Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

question about pet tome

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 07, 2012
The pet tome lists each type of pet but not how many of each type as the fishing tome does. For example I have 3 frankenbunny yet there is only one listing. So in the badge count is it only one or have 3 been added into the count ?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Davidfire school on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
The pet tome lists each type of pet but not how many of each type as the fishing tome does. For example I have 3 frankenbunny yet there is only one listing. So in the badge count is it only one or have 3 been added into the count ?
The badges are for different types of pets, not the total number of pets.

I think it would be tricky to count them individually because it is counting them after we've got them as well as going forward. The fishes have been counted from the start of fishing and they're added to the wizard's fishing tome as they catch them. If we pass a fish to another wizard the record of it being caught is still with the wizard who caught it and it does not update to include it in the tome of the wizard who now has it in their fish basket.

Pets can be moved between wizards so they can be added to all of their tomes.

I hope this helps, happy pet collecting!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
In my pet tome, Bunny Mallow show up twice and is counted as two different pets.
Anyone know why? Neither is hybrid, they look identical as far as i can tell.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thanks for clearing up my confusion. You have been a BIG help with a lot of your answers. Many thanks.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
I too have been experiencing problems with the Pet Tome. I hatched a Helion and it is not even turning up in the Tome. Anyone else having that type of problem?

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
Got a new problem.

In my Pet Tome it lists the Sabertooth (Balance Only One) as a hybrid, yet on the info site it says it is not.

Which is correct?
Site or Tome?

Survivor
Jan 31, 2012
I hatched a tree serpent hybrid with my wizard and have found that although I have it in my backpack, its not in my tome. Conversely a different wizard of mine hatched a differnt tree serpent and it showed up in their tome.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I notice that in my pet tome, hybrid pets that I had from before the pet tome was introduced,
and that can also come as first generation pets, are listed as not being hybrids.
E.g. my Brother Cheesiwitz which I created as a hybrid is listed as a non-hybrid.
Still, my hybrid pet total is 145/145 (+2)

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
My myth wizard had no storm cat pet
I got a drop storm cat pet from Herkir, it showed up in pet tome as non-hybrid
I then hatched a hybrid storm pet, using sister cheesiwitz ajnd a dapper corgi.
The pet tome still showed one version of the storm cat, and as a non-hybrid.
So I guess if you get a first generation pet and also a hybrid version of the pet it will
count only once in your pet tome.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2011
What exactly is the purpose of the pet tome pets if you can't access them for your own use?